Exciting announcements at service meeting

by truthseeker 61 Replies latest jw friends

• zack
    zack

You just got to love it! A very close relative of mine asked me a couple of years ago ( I was still in and an elder) what i thought about the younger GB, where they were heading,

all the emphasis on the FDS, etc... I hadn't started to fade but had been on this board and Freeminds and had read COC. My answer to him was simple: the new ones have inherited

a bunch of wild ass teachings that they are either going to have to defend or change. I think they'll change them, wouldn't you? What saddens me still is that you can see the blatant

dishonesty in all they do. You see their control and their need for power. They could just say that they're sorry, they don't know shit from shinola when it comes to prophecy,

and just want to serve God with a like minded group of people and live a moral life. But NO! They hang on to this exclusive channel of communication garbage and everything associated

with it. They act and breath with hubris and pretend it's all a revelation from God.

By their fruits you will know them. By all accounts, this bunch is rotten to the core.

Great thread.

• Mary
    Mary

• An elder giving a service meeting part review of different Watchtower articles from the current year brought out the new light concerning 1935.
      • He asks: "When is the sealing of the anounted ones?"
      • Elder answers: "There is no specific date"
      • Later after the meeting, I asked an elder if the new understanding of the remnant now meant that younger people could go to heaven. He answered with an affirmative "yes"

Hot daumn!! You mean us lowly sacks of garbage that weren't even really considered "Christians" by the GB can now move up to the Big League? There's only one song for the R&F on this 'new light': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb6ErLPt4t8

• Neo
    Neo

Can anyone post the original thread about the new "generation = the annointed" teaching mentioned in the last annual meeting?

Thanks!

Neo

• journey-on
    journey-on

Mary......funny!! Listening to that almost put the "spirit" in me!! Yep! I almost heard the calling.

• metatron
    metatron

I would be skeptical of this reputed change until the whole truth comes out. You may have nothing more than a minor change intended to

justify the present leadership and a few elders are taking it much further than intended. For example, saying that Witnesses don't judge

a claim to be of the anointed is one of those half-truths that has been around for years.

On the other hand, it would be wonderful to see them make an enormous doctrinal mistake that snowballs into something they never

predicted. This happened with the "voluntary donation" program - they did not see how the whole thing would fail the way it has.

metatron

• grassyknoll07
    grassyknoll07

Interesting thread. I haven't received a letter from "mother" about this new light (I receive all the cong. mail). We haven't been told to announce anything about any doctrine change. The only official real news are; the elder school and 2009 International convention letter. Sounds like this elder was at the annual meeting and is 'jumping the gun'. Until it appears in print, it's all speculation/hearsay.

• ronin1
    ronin1

Mary:

So funny...........thanks for the laugh.

Ronin1

• zack
    zack

95% of official Witness teaching is speculation. I think this is great fun. How could what we say now be any whackier than what we used to believe and affirm back then?

• bobld
    bobld

So what happened to the 2000 WT where the GB/FDS listed 6 things that we were deep deep deep very deep in the end of this system,One was that the FDS(anointed,144k) was getting very old and that some would still be on Earth when the end would come.You Know the big A, GT.coming.Oh,they really did not mean it or did they.

Bob

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    You may have nothing more than a minor change intended to

justify the present leadership and a few elders are taking it much further than intended. For example, saying that Witnesses don't judge

a claim to be of the anointed is one of those half-truths that has been around for years.

First of all, the GB loves to play that game. Let the lower managers run wild with something, so you
    can say "We never actually said that. They did." You have a point there, but still, it's what they want.

Secondly, I think the 1935 door swinging open article set up new anointed for further judgment, not less.
    "If you want to think you are anointed, okay. Just hand the power to the elders and the Governing Body,
    and we will let you keep your delusion. Nobody has to get hurt if you play the game nicely. Try to usurp
    any power, though, and you are one of those NOT-MORE-SPIRITUALLY-MINDED ones who just thinks
    he is anointed. Oh, and all the sisters, you can pretend you are anointed, too. But don't let it go to
    your head. A lowly 10 year old 'brother' still expects you to wear a napkin on your head."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit