Exciting announcements at service meeting

by truthseeker 61 Replies latest jw friends

• M.J.
    M.J.

Matthew 23:13: "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you shut off the kingdom of heaven from people; for you do not enter in yourselves"

Nice!

• emy the infidel
    emy the infidel
    So is the Society gonna explain why those born after 1935 but who died before 2007 were just "born at the wrong time" to have a heavenly hope? What biblical reason is there to expect that the calling to the New Covenant would cease and then restart again?

Exactly Leolia. In the late 1970's and before and until now it was, only the 144,000 going to heaven and that number has been reached so that hope is no longer up for grabs. Oh sure, the occasional *colorful* induh-vidual will proclaim being of the annointed (steer clear of that), and no one can know for sure, blah blah blah...

So what happened to those who passed away under the previous "truth"? Maybe they DID go to heaven? Boy, they must of been really surprised!

This was the great red flag my family saw from a mile away, 'worldly' as they are, anyone stating who will or will not go to heaven and applying arbitrary numbers and dates, in their favor of course.

• dawg
    dawg

I can't believe that people are still following these fools... Good lord! My Dad won't talk to me over idiots! I've reached the point where I really don't miss a man that don't have to call a group of idiots just what they are.

• Younglove1999
    Younglove1999

this ever-changing crap really saddens me-

my parents, who are both deaf, are convinced that the only reason they're confused is because of the language barrier and that if they're patient, in the new system when they can hear, it'll all make sense.

it just makes me want to scream "NOOO!!! it's got nothing to do with that. it DOESN'T make sense- NOBODY gets it! Don't give up the rest of your life and your family for this!"

obviously they wouldn't hear me screaming anyways, but you know what I mean

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

the question is were they telling the truth all along...they told us, that 1935 was special because a lot of hangers on did not FEEL like they had the heavenly calling and were wondering what their part would be...and because of this, they re-read the bible and discovered the great crowd doctrine...which of course is now obviously wrong as well...but was this the actual story or was there a back story that they just decided to cut off the annointed and make up a great crowd class? if they were honest, then it seems that honest people who could not be brainwashed into believing they were annointed were manipulated and suckered by Rutherford into accepting they could be slaves of the WT anyway.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

This is what you get from a do it yourself relgion .They make it up as they go along.With the boardroom boys calling all the shots how can you take them seriously.

It's all a complete waste of time .What benefit to mankind are they?, answer none whatsoever .They might as well go and platt sawdust.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The purpose of the "new light" in 1935 was to create a whole new work for the JWs to do, the work of gathering the "great crowd," a crowd out of all languages and nations that cannot be numbered, i.e. a vast new international preaching work. It was a bold stroke that kept the publishing and distribution giant in business for another 70 years.

The "class" of the Jonadabs was already in existence, and had been in existence since 1931 when Rutherford first started writing about it. Rutherford invented this class because he had to have some explanation for the huge losses of Bible Students since the disappointment in 1925, and he came up with the "Remnant" doctrine in the late 1920s which claimed that the anointed was prophesied to decrease before Armageddon. When the movement began to face expansive growth in the early 1930s, the new converts had to have someplace to go, and if they were declared spirit-begotten, the "remnant" would grow again. So Rutherford created a niche for new converts as being members of the "Jonadab" class who join together with the Jehu class. And then in 1935, when he merged to Jonadab class with the pre-existing secondary spiritual class, the new converts were joined together with long-term JWs who had a heavenly hope but not as a member of the "little flock", and THESE had to give up their heavenly hopes and were confused the following year on whether to partake or not at the Memorial. Meanwhile, Rutherford developed incentives for JWs to declare themselves of the "great multitude", such as the promise of divine protection during the tribulation (whereas the "remnant" would have to perish) and the promise of sexual bliss in the paradise earth in the 1938 "Fill the Earth" doctrine.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Maybe they'll announce a typical and anti-typical "generation". Then they can phase in typical and anti-typical "annointed ones", as well as a typical and anti-typical "armageddon". If they make it complicated enough the more studious ones will have an excuse to get "puffed up with pride" while the rest stand in awe of them. Then things will be back to the way it was when I first joined the cult.

W

• sir82
    sir82

Leo:

You should write a book! I learned more in that paragraph than in 600+ pages of the "Proclaimers" book!

• snowbird
    snowbird

All man-made doctrines, all of them!

Russell decided the "great multitude" was a secondary heavenly class who, while on earth, hadn't fully "consecrated" themselves to the Lord.

Rutherford decided the "great multitude" was not a heavenly class.

Now it seems the FDS is gearing up to say the "great crowd" is heavenly after all - at least some of them!

What a bunch of charlatans.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit