Tipping your hat to a lady is demonic

by marmot 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

If that was the case, it only reveals what they still practice, (typical CULT practices) putting women down, regarded as the lesser one, the one who is not allowed to teach from the platforms. I am 110% certain you did read that and I'm surprised they never posted,

"BROTHERS, DO NOT HOLD A DOOR OPEN FOR THE WOMEN!" Or

"BROTHERS, YOU MAY INTERRUPT WHEN A WOMEN SPEAKS!"

I can go on.

LINDA

• Gopher
    Gopher

QUIET LINDA! I was talking dammit.

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

GOPHER? Did you say something? I didn't think so. Just wishful thinking huh?

LINDA

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Oh boy , I really wish I had known this in the old days....nobody knew the Society had ever said this...we were counselled to tip our hat to an older lady in the Ministry (well this is England, after all !)

How about this bit...you will see I had to double check it on the cd/rom

w52 4/15 p. 255 Questions From Readers ***

Then why is it the man that is supposed to rise when a woman enters a room or comes to or leaves the table, and never the woman? Is it too inconvenient again? Is she pinned to the chair, as the hat is pinned to her head? What custom does exist whereby women show respect to men? The absence of any is not just by chance, but is by satanic design to untheocratically elevate the woman above the man. In many ways Satan has taken the woman from the position assigned her by God, taken her from the home and its duties and put her into politics and commerce and religious leadership, and thereby caused much of the modern breakdown on the family front.—Heb. 13:4; Rev. 2:20.

So, you do not show the old fashioned courtesies to women ...perhaps they would have them walk a pace behind the man like in some parts ..Can they conclude that Holy Spirit directed this conclusion ? It is supported by a couple of scriptures. The Rev verse talks of "that woman Jezebel"

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

Hmmm, interesting. I don't see it that way. I think when a guy show's a woman respect, he gets respect in return. It is not a case of Satan trying to get a woman into a superior position over a man. Of course anyone could claim that to be the case, as the GB obviously has done. Me being a woman, I can attest that when a guy shows me the old fashion courtesy and respect I put him on a pedestal and would never look down on him.

LINDA

• marmot
    marmot

Oompa, I found it 'cause I was bored and staying home from University one day and started reading all the old Questions from Readers in chronological order.

I had just recently read "The Finished Mystery" (my relatives' place where I was staying at the time had a wealth of old Society literature dating right back to the beginning) and I was pretty disillusioned by what I read. I laughed my ass off at the chapter that says Job was prophesying about the steam locomotive.

Ironically, I had engaged in this "deep study" out of a burst of zeal, as I was trying to get myself out of a bout of severe depression and "reach out" in the congregation. It was this past spring when we were just starting the Revelation book again so I figured it would be interesting to read all the earlier stuff.

Yep, a real eye-opener alright.

I also went to the bookstudy last night and was fighting so hard not to roll my eyes every three seconds that I got a headache. For those who haven't been keeping up, last night's study was about the "myriad of myriads of cavalry" whose stinging tails - in the form of "hard-hitting" publications - have inflicted massive harm on Christendom. It's even referred to as "the most devastating cavalry charge in humankind's history". Uh-huh.

• oompa
    oompa

Marmot, that was great. I figured you did the browse. Share some more at will....oompa

• 38 Years
    38 Years

I need to take my blood pressure medicine now

• jacethespace
    jacethespace

Never heard that one but when i first started attending meetings i wore a pair of silver color chino trousers, very smart.But i was told i couldnt wear them and had to conform to everyone else.After that i left my top button undone in meetings and was told to do this up.I often look back now and wonder what they would have done if i had told them to go and shove it.Whats wearing chinos got to do with salvation anyway.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Btttt.

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit