OK nobody's mentioned the Doors

by flipper 39 Replies latest social entertainment

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

and also, the ghost song

• littlerockguy
  • flipper
    flipper

True Big Dreaux- Doors did kick a$$. Yeah, the Ghost song is good! The doors might have been as big as The Beatles, Zeppelin, and the Stones if Morrison hadn't died ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

In their time they were definitely a successful underground rock band. Too many favorite songs to list. I did like the album the surviving members made after Jim's death. His poetry with some kick ass rock behind it

• JeffT
    JeffT

I saw The Doors at the old Eagles Auditorium in Seattle in 1968. Great concert, Morrison was fantastic, although I do not know how he avoided cooking himself in all that leather. My date and I were right up against the stage. I think inhaling deeply was equal to a pretty good toke.

Those were the days.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

wish I was there, I would have been 4 years old though

• flipper
    flipper

That would have been cool seeing Jim Morrison and the Doors perform live ! A few of my favorites from them- Light My Fire, Love Her Madly, Take it As it Comes , Love Me Two Times , Roadhouse Blues are some of my faves

• Mrs. Witness
    Mrs. Witness

Just about anything off of Morrison Hotel!

• DJK
    DJK

I just listened to "American Prayer", very strange.

Did you know that Mr Mojo Risin is a word scramble? Rearrange the letters and you have Jim Morrison.

DJK

• flipper
    flipper

DJK- I never knew Mr Mojo Risin was a word scramble for Jim Morrison ! Wow. Anybody else like the Doors ? I thought they were one of the truly great groups ranking up there with the Stones and Beatles . Feel free to share your favorite songs from them, Youtubes welcome ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit