Do Jehovah's Witnesses REALLY Love Others?

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Think about it---Witnesses proclaim that their identifying mark is love. They are the "most loving Organization in the world". They personify Christ and are the only "true Christians".

The reality is that JWs ENCOURAGE their members to shun anyone that left the Organization and decide to think differently. Even if a person kept his views to himself and didn't try to arouse others regarding the errors of the Watchtower, that person would be viewed as "apostate" and family and friends could no longer talk to them!

Whatever happened to "love and honor your father and mother"? Witnesses will cut off any association with a person that no longer is a Witness and even "HATES" the sinner!!!!

I don't think the majority of Jehovah's Witnesses truly love.

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

I really do feel more love from the friends I have now. Hippies, slackers, cartoonists, baristas, students, roller derby girls, filmmakers, actors, poly, bi, queer... and we may disagree on a lot of things but we are closer than I ever felt on the inside.

• minimus
    minimus

I've seen a big difference with nonjws. They are more understanding and less judgmental. And they are not robots and Stepford families doing as they are programmed.

• eclipse
    eclipse

I have never seen such cruel conditional 'love' and faker smiles and well-wishes as I have by the witlesses.

There are some sincere ones, but most, will only give you their approval when they feel that you are a good witness, towing the line.

Never have interacted with a more judgemental group of people. It makes me feel ashamed that I was a part of them.

I have seen more love and care from ONE non-witnesses

than the 'love' bragged about by the ENTIRE GROUP of witnoids.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

The record and facts speak for themselves with a loud shout..NO! and NO! When they say "We Love You", "We Miss You", It's all a facade. I know from personal experience, and having been on the inside track with C.O's, Belthelites, and other higher ups.

Blueblades

• *summer*
    *summer*

I am into the 'love bombing' period right now. And yes, I always have this uncomfortable feeling that it is forced and fake. And the shunning is downright cruel and inhuman. Any decent human being would not treat a dog this way:-(

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes - but it is ALWAYS a conditional love. I have rarely seen unconditional love. there is alawys a catch - Do good for my neighbour and he might accept a bible study etc

• minimus
    minimus

I hate love bombing and hearing, "we miss you".

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Never have interacted with a more judgemental group of people. It makes me feel ashamed that I was a part of them.

I have seen more love and care from ONE non-witnesses

than the 'love' bragged about by the ENTIRE GROUP of witnoids.

I think that's what surprised me the most when I started to have friends outside the org. I never would have expected to be "allowed" to be myself and not have to watch every word I said.

I always hated it when I would go to a other cong. and JWs would always think I was a "study" because of the way I looked and dressed. For people that are supposed not to judge others on the way the look they sure had a strange way of showing it.

• journey-on
    journey-on

"Love does not look for its own interests" The WTB&TS is all about its OWN INTERESTS at the expense of everything else.

"Love does not keep account of the injury" The WTB&TS not only keeps account of the injury, it reminds you over and over and over everytime one of its followers shuns a df'd or da'd or inactive one.

"Love does not rejoice over unrighteousness" The WTB&TS get absolutely exuberant everytime they hear about how unrighteous the world is becoming because this means the end is right upon us!

"Love never fails." The WTB&TS have failed on so many fronts, especially with their false prophecies, that I can't even begin to list them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit