This is MY atheism.

by nicolaou 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• changeling
    changeling

Nic: That was beautiful! I agree wholeheartedly!

changeling

• glenster
    glenster

Not to take the atheist stance, let alone one that calls the one with a hope
    commitment for God "ignorant," one of the things I like about James Randi, an
    atheist, and Martin Gardner, a deist, is that they've been good buddies of long
    standing. People can be centric and put up walls of alienation over just about
    anything, but I like it when they know better. Jimmy Stewart, a conservative,
    and Henry Fonda, a liberal, having been best friends is like that. I like that.
    I didn't have a long post in mind, I just wanted to add that.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Thanks Nic for that positive assertion about atheism. Atheism is too often tarred as a negative force in society.

I believe in Positive Atheism, the kind you write about.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Oh grow up!

Ok fine, spoilsport. I must concur, beautiful post Nic, and I could not agree more with the fact that if we educated our children to be humanitarians versus spiritual people the spirituality would naturally follow, by their behavior, making religion obsofarkinglete!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    if we educated our children to be humanitarians versus spiritual people the spirituality would naturally follow, by their behavior, making religion obsofarkinglete! a thing of the past(edited for language)

• changeling
    changeling

Nic: your's was the "feel good" post of the day for me. I keep coming back and reading it again and again. Thanks!

changeling

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Nice comment Nic.

Who says there's no spirituality in humanism or atheism !

The value of a persons soul can not be measured in by what god he or she believes in !

• Open mind
    Open mind

Great post Nic.

I really liked this part:

It does not blow me about like a 'wave of the sea' but gives me the direction and purpose I need to find an answer.

So many times I wish I could just share thoughts like these with JWs, but it's VERY dangerous ground for a fader. I do try to work little snippets in here and there though. Especially with my family.

Open Mind

• Carmel
    Carmel

.....nor will my faith ever harm you nic.... carmel

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Whoa Nark! Did you write that?

"the carefree gods of tomorrow"

Love it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest