looking for friends to talk with

by ctisi 87 Replies latest jw friends

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

hi margaret. It's nice of you to be here.

I'm sorry to hear your experience. Its good you hold onto hope. It carries us through difficult times. How are you feeling these days?

Path

• Seven
    Seven

Hey Path, 500 Posts!!! You're in the big leagues now.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Thank you, Thank you.

First of all, I'd like to thank God and my Mom for making all this possible... My managers and producers.. and most of all i'd like to thank YOU, the fans...

Path

• MsPggy
    MsPggy

Path of Thorns: Was that written because of personal experiences.
    (the name path of thorns) Thank you for responding to me,and I'm fine these days, because I am looking back, not in a hurry for any more pain, but in this system there is no escaping it. I'm a nurse taking care of the sick, physically and mentally. I'm well aware of the pain all of us go through. The only hope, as today's Watchtower brought out, is God's Kingdom. No human, should we allow to rob us of that gift, that Jehovah will give us, if we hang in there. Don't let anyone deter you from the beautiful personality of Jehovah, remember, he is watching how we're treated, and if he allows anything to go on, accept it, there is so much proof, that this is his organization. Don't leave it, or you leave Jehovah. He may allow many of us to be tested this way. We know he allows us to be tested.Don't We? Margaret

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Margaret,

Isn't it funny that all the "proof" for the JW's being God's organization comes from the Organization itself. Seems a little self-serving, don't you think?

Stick around. Many of us have finally realized the proof that shows that the Society is NOT God's organization.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Thank you for responding Margaret. I think you will find a wide range of difficult experiences those on this board have been through. I must admit that my experiences do not seem so difficult in comparisson to most here. The name "pathofthorns" was chosen to convey the difficulties experienced in our spiritual journey.

No one needs to tell you how difficult life can be in this system. As a nurse you see that everyday. I agree with you that no human should rob us of God's gift to us.

I don't think i'd ever be one to let that happen to me. The difficult thing is we all have different ways of looking at the same things. You look at the organization and Jehovah as being the same thing. I look at it from the point of view that I will only remain in the organization as long as it is loyal to Jehovah and the principles in the Bible. If it deviates from Jehovah or the Bible my conscience will dictate that i have to leave the organization to actually remain loyal to Jehovah. Our loyalty to Jehovah as his witnesses supercedes our loyalty to any organization.

In all honesty Margaret you remind me much of myself a while ago, almost trying to convince yourself of things just to "hang in there" as you say, using just about every cliche in the book . But then i realized that constantly "hanging in there" for something that has been such a long time coming, is very tiring.

Try changing your perspective. Instead of "hanging in" for the "end" to come, enjoy doing what you can to change things now in your life for the better. Do what you can and what you need to to be happy, and when the "end" comes, you'll have made the wait so much better in the meantime.

Path

• TR
    TR

Hi Margaret, and welcome!

I hope you stick around. Some very good conversations here.

Path,

Instead of "hanging in" for the "end" to come, enjoy doing what you can to change things now in your life for the better. Do what you can and what you need to to be happy, and when the "end" comes, you'll have made the wait so much better in the meantime.

This is what I like to see. There are so many worthwhile endeavors that we can enjoy that it's a shame to let an organization limit our potential.

TR

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Hello, Margaret. Reading your remarks tells me that you are in the minority here but please don't let that keep you from posting. You will find a lot of people here who no longer share your view of the Society but unlike on many boards the people here are civil.
    They will patiently listen to anything you have to say and so if you do have something to say please do not hesitate. Some people here are hurt and some are angry while others are just fed up. These are good people here and they will appreciate your comments.

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• MsPggy
    MsPggy

Thank you Frenchy, Tr, Path, Red, for your comments. I realize how you can tend to get upset, about how things are done. I've just recently been re-instated. But remember, I'm not following men, people, who are imperfect, but a God who is perfect. He is using imperfect men and woman, he used them in the days of the nation of Israel. Every organization, every person on this earth is imperfect. Their errors are no reflection, on a perfect Creator. If he is using imperfection, and an imperfect organization, to carry out his purpose of Matt:24:14. Don't we need to think about how we can prove to ourselves, that out of all the religious institutions on this earth, which one closely teaches the truth in his word, to the people. Now, remember it doesn't mean the people are doing it, it's just the beliefs that are true,as brought out at John 17:17.

Margaret

• Seven
    Seven

Hi Margaret, I forgot to welcome you-sorry. It's nice to have you here and I'm looking forward to reading your posts, especially your thoughts on blood, considering your profession.

Seven

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit