MY DAD MIGHT DIE DUE TO THE 'NO BLOOD' DOCTRINE

by Mary 153 Replies latest watchtower medical

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

((((HUGS)))) Mary, I don't pray anymore but I will for your dad, can't hurt right? Thinking of you and your dad.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Why can't something like this happen to somebody nobody likes instead.... like my mother? I'd be rooting for the blood comittee!

I hope it turns out well for your dad, Mary.

• Mary
    Mary

Hi Everyone:

I just got back from the hospital. Well, dad seems to be stable right now and looks like he's on the mend. This isn't due to the rule to refuse blood, but because I "accidentally" saved him. When he was first taken into the hospital Emergency ward, the doctor looked horrified that when he heard dad was a Witness. He said to me and mom "so does that mean he won't take anything?" Mom wasn't thinking too clearly so I spoke up and said "Actually yes, there are things that he'll accept". I had spoken to mom and dad before about this and mom said that yes, they would accept blood fractions.

I remember looking at the "approved list" that Crooklyn got directly from Jesus last week and for some reason I was sure that plasma was on the list of acceptable treatments. Then again, I wasn't thinking too clearly at this point either. So when the doctor asked me if dad would accept plasma (which he desperately needed) I said "yes, I think that's one he'll take". Of course I found out afterwards, it's on the list of "banned" procedures, but ask me if I give a damn. Another bonus was that neither of my parents had filled out their new blood cards, so while the HLC scurried down to Tim Horton's for a coffee, they quickly gave dad the plasma. When the nurse told mom she was shocked, as that isn't something approved by the senile assholes in Crooklyn. The nurse told dad and he was upset but he was pretty dazed by this point and I don't think he's even going to remember it. Needless to say, no one informed the HLC of what had transpired. I told mom it was none of their business anyway. However, the full influence of the religion has not left me entirely, because I actually felt a tad guilty for a moment for the plasma he received. (how dumb is that?)

The nurse said to me " Don't you dare feel guilty. I'm glad you said we could give it to him because I'm telling you right now, with the way he's bleeding, he would have died without it."

So now I do not feel guilty in THE LEST for saving my fathers' life. My Dub sister and B-I-L came down complete with all the bullshit information saying what you can and can't take...........While I don't know if they would have authorized the plasma, secretly I think they're relieved that he got it. If the elders want to question someone about it they can talk to me. At this point, I'll tell them to piss off.

The hospital he was taken to wasn't equipped to really deal with the situation, so he was transported by ambulance to another hospital that was. They went down him with the scope and cauterized the ulcer and they're going to go back and "re-inforce" it again tomorrow to make sure it doesn't bleed........They've given him a drug similar to EPO (which stimulates the bone marrow to produce red blood cells at an accelerated pace), Vitamin K to clot the blood, Iron by IV, Vitamin B-12........

I am so frigging tired it's not even funny. I got 1 1/2 hours sleep in the last 36 hours and I'm wiped. I'm sitting here with a LARGE rum and orange jucie and will probably go to bed inthe next hour or so, I'm so zonked.......The doctor and nurses at the new hospital have been really, really good. The situation is still critical but we're hoping for the best.

I also wanted to thank everyone for the PM's I've gotten, but I just don't have the strenght to look at them tonight, I'm just too tired....I'll respond to them all tomorrow.

Thanks so much for all your support. You guys are the greatest. As for Crooklyn: Well, despite your best efforts to murder your faithful followers, you got one less martyr today, thanks to me.

Mary

• harleau
    harleau

As a person who is studying to become a witness I am truly sorry for what you're going through. But plese try to support your father and his efforts while he is going through this critical time. The Bible does say to abstain from blood, and although I understand how you feel, The Bible also teaches to obey God as Ruler as opposed to men. So, please be encouraged and have faith that Jehovah pull him through this hard time or resurrect him in the New System.

Bringing you my prayers and Christian Love,

Harleau

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

Mary, I'm so happy for you that your father pulled through. I would not in the least feel guilty for saving a life and as for your parents, I would think they would both be off the hook as neither knew what was going on during this stressful time. What I don't understand is why the hospital allows non-family members in the patients room. I will continue to pray for your family. Take care and have good night sleep.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Don't feel bad about ok'ing the sinful plasma. While plasma isn't allowed, all of its parts are allowed! Just tell your father that he got a "mixture of allowed fractions which included albumin, immunoglobulins, water, etc." Hey, it's the truth! Skeeter

• 4mylove
    4mylove

Mary,

Make your father an NO INFO patient. If anyone else comes asking for him, it will show up like he isn't even in that hospital, (calls or visits) They will give you and your mother a code to give to let you in only. I'm so glad you were there for your family. You and your family will be in my prayers, ((((((Mary)))))))).

• Odrade
    Odrade

Mary, sorry to hear about this whole mess. Thank goodness you were there to advocate for his life.

Harleau, sadly, the WT has distorted the original purpose of the two "abstain" verses as they have done with so many other things. It would behoove you to do some research that is not printed by the Watchtower Society, before it is YOU or someone YOU LOVE who is dying because of this blasphemous JW dogma.

• flipper
    flipper

Mary- Mrs. Flipper and myself are so thankful and glad you were there for your dad. I'm so bleeping proud of you, I could cry with tears of joy !! And I don't cry too much. You are a wonderful daughter to your dad, to stand up for what is right, and help save his life! We are pullin' for ya sis, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Vinny
    Vinny

Good for you Mary. You probably saved your dad's life today. Sleep well!

Harleau, please read this letter I turned just recently turned in:

http://p196.ezboard.com/Letter-of-disassociation/fexjehovahswitnessforumfrm14.showMessage?topicID=237.topic

You probably do not have a clue list most JW studies don't have a clue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit