The Watchtower's Official Response to the UN Scand

by Kent 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Kent
    Kent

Here is the official response from the Watchtower to the UN Scandal. Paul Gillies did send this letter to The Guardian:

http://watchtower.observer.org/apps/pbcs.dll/artikkel?NoCache=1&Dato=20011023&Kategori=NEWS&Lopenr=110230001&Ref=AR

Yakki Da

Kent

I need more BOE letters, KMs and other material. Those who can send it to me - please do! The new section will be interesting!!

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Kent, could you post the "letter" on the big threads.

Thanks for your time oh great one.

hawk

• peterstride
    peterstride

Somehow, their official reply to the Guardian doesn't sit well with me. I know they're hiding a lot more than what their simplistic statement says.

Peter Stride
    Toronto, Canada

• Englishman
    Englishman

Hey Kent,

Great stuff you vile apostate! However, when I zoom to enlarge, the scrolling facility seizes up, it does this on other WO pages too.

Is it me or is it you?

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• Kent
    Kent

The Image blows up to full size, yes. You can right-click and "Save As" something.jpg

The format is jpg on every image

Yakki Da

Kent

I need more BOE letters, KMs and other material. Those who can send it to me - please do! The new section will be interesting!!

• Kent
    Kent

Wel well, my dear Hawk :)) I have posted the letter in the main thread.

Thanks!

Yakki Da

Kent

• JT
    JT

This is good- let's take a look at this

1. notice how the Press office out of Britain responded, NOT NY--

now we have two choices either the branch in britain didn't contact NY for instructions or NY left the british office out there to dry-

if things get too hot NY can always say that the branch in britain spoke about this issue "unbe-known to the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses"

SMILE

now let's look at his letter

In 1991 one of our legal corporations registered with the United Nations as a NGO (non-governmental organization) for the sole purpose of getting access to the extensive library of the United Nations.

##########
    "Now what would happen if a jw registed with the YMCA just to use the Pool?"

"This enabled a writer who received an identification card, to enter their library for research purposes and to obtain information that has been used in writing articles in our journals about the United Nations. There was nothing secret about it".

NOw let's be for real- why would I need to register to get inside of a "HOE" house to see what is really going on in there

what is it that the GB don't already know about the UN that getting into thier library will shed new light on the subject of the UN

Is it not known that the UN is standing in place of God's kingdom to bring peace?- what more needs to be known

what is in thier library about the UN that can't be obtained from the tons of articles and books written about the UN

now this is the funny part

"At the time of the initial application no signature was required on the form. Years later, unbe-known to the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses, the United Nations published “Criteria for As-sociation”, stipulating that affiliated NGO’s are required to support the goals of the United Nations"

########

when did they find out about the “Criteria for As-sociation”? Are we to believe that they just found out about that 3 weeks ago?

eACH YEAR THE were required to SUBMIT FAVORABLE ARTICLES TO THE UN why didn;t they just shot over the REv clamax book or a few good WT articles with Babylon riding the UN back

HELL NO we need to send in some nice Fuzzy Warm Articles to make it look like we SUPPORT THIER CHARTER

man this letter is so weak

now this is the best line in the letter i think all will agree:

"Unbe-known to the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses"

WHO IN THE HELL IS MINDING THE STORE THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU GOT TO LOVE IT

jAMES

thanks kent

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

JT said:

"if things get too hot NY can always say that the branch in britain spoke about this issue "unbe-known to the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses"

Hmmm, makes ya wonder about that whole "unity" thing doesn't it.. If the HQ and branches cannot get together, then how are they expected to keep all the 6 Million in unity?

Soo much for one of their "We know we are gods people by the fruits of our labor" reasons...

• chasson
    chasson
    what is in thier library about the UN that can't be obtained from the tons of articles and books written about the UN

Just a stupid question: Is there any other way to have access to the UN library than be registered as a NGO ?

Is someone could verify this ?

Bye

Charles

• Hairy Harr
    Hairy Harr

Is it true about the "Criteria for As-sociation" being added later or are they lying?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit