I need a good color scan of the latest blood card

by Deputy Dog 15 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

A&O

Nice try and Thanks! You're right I already have that one. It's not the latest.

• bite me
    bite me

I would hate to be a child in the hands of a family who refuses blood. I still don't understand all the refusal of blood. I mean look at it this way, if you are going to die, would you rather be given blood and live a day or two or even years or deny blood and not live at all. People do far worse things then receive blood. My thought is if God did not want us to use blood to live he would have stated so in the commandments and made it very clear to do so.

Here's a little story, I had a friend who lost his child, they just turned 18 years old. Her parents donated her organs and her loss saved 5 other people! Her blood was also used on one of the people who needed the transplant.

I also know that If I am in need of blood, I am going to take it. I'm not going to sit there and let myself die. Id rather contract an illness that can be likely taken care of with modern medicine then just let myself go.

Those cards that JW are forced to carry at all times is stupid, that's putting their life in someone elses hands and they do not have a say what so ever. That is almost like a binding contract.

I wouldn't want that.

• garybuss
    garybuss

You wrote: "I wouldn't want that."

I wouldn't either. Especially in light of the fact that the Society says the Bible text they use is not inspired, contains error, and is fallible. I'd have to be wondering if that no blood text is one of those errors.

I chatted with a Rabbi once and he told me that 1/3 of the words in the Hebrew Bible are missing and the inserted words are guessed at by previous understanding and context. That seems to me to leave quite a bit of room for creative writing.

I asked a Witness once why the ancient Christian Biblical manuscripts were located in the Vatican and not Bethel.

• bite me
    bite me

"room for creative writing"

Very true! I think the only difference with all other bibles " KJV and NKJV for example is that the "creative writing" of those actually make sense then The New World Translation"

• garybuss
    garybuss

I personally appreciate literature as an art. I read the NIV copy of the Bible cover to cover and I enjoyed it. I didn't quite enjoy it enough to want to die based on a couple paragraphs in the book though.

People I know think it's not plausible for God to want to communicate through the art of abstract painting (Leonardo da Vinci) or the art of architecture (pyramid of Giza), but have no problem imagining God communicated through the art of literature. Those same people would not begin a plan to die for a mark on a painting or a brick in a building, but they will die for a mark in a scroll they can not read.

• Mary
    Mary

I did a thread on it a few months ago....hope this is what you need: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/16/135341/1.ashx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit