Ignorant Elder Comments

by El Kabong 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim Dee
    Jim Dee

I was in a Birmingham congregation for 2 years in the mid 80's when an Elder named Mervyn Worsley said

"Jehovah will ask you to murder those who don't follow the truth, do you love Jehovah enough to do that". I just thought he was slightly mad and told him to stop being stupid. 15 years and September 11 2001 later I'm not so sure

Jim

• crittersitter
    crittersitter

oh,,,i remember one now
    i was talking to our PO about being baptized after a meeting one day. good ol norman beauchane pulls out my "card" and comments how i have NOT been in FS and poor meeting attendance, trouble to parents etc....
    i looked over at the card he held, and would you believe he had not my card, but my younger sisters !!!!!i had been in this kh since i was 9 ...his wife studied w/ my mom. he had been in our home numerous times..and he did not know who i was!!!!!
    needless to say this was just one of more than a few times elders (or others) were less than shepherd like.
    oh , the hall was small, less than 100 pp...go figure

another sad one comes to mind...
    after my dad had died, my mom, knowing the bro's would be there for her( hahahahahah) had to WALK to get to town , as she never drove until a few years later. any how a bro drove past her and did not stop to offer a ride, BECAUSE..it would be IMPROPER for him to be seen ALONE with a recently widowed(read single) woman and would reflect poorly on the cong...now that is major bull-tikky piled up sky high.
    but mom perservered...died 20 years later a loyal dub....
    stay tuned for more stupid elder/jdub stuff!!!!

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

I really am truly sorry for all the BS comments given to you all by the ignorant elders.

I remember one time an Elder was after me to get a haircut. So, to shame me into getting one, he started calling me "SISTER" from the platform during the Watchtower Study.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit