CANADA-another ELDER PEDO 9-18-07

by DannyHaszard 52 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

As I recall, the elder who was the spokesperson for the congregation specifically stated that his counselling had nothing to do with the organization.

But, now we learn that the congregation asked him to do the counselling.

It sounds to me like the elder is lying, and that there is a very clear link between the organization and the infractions. If the congregation really assigned him to do the counselling, then the congregation could very well be liable for his actions while counselling.

It looks like the society might have to pull some lawyers away from the "killing children with the blood doctrine" account and reposition them to the "cover your ass" account.

• Mary
    Mary
    Sweetstuff said: Five years?????WTF to be Canadian at the moment
    and Scully said: A maximum jail sentence of 5 years for statutory rape in Canada is pathetic.

Ya.....kinda makes ya wish we had the death penalty up here eh?

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Both this creepy man & his creepy attorney look like idiots. A teenaged girl willingly had sex with this overweight, balding man? Sorry, I don't buy it. If it was so willing, why is she complaining now?

Statutory Rape laws do not look at the intent of the victim. Why? The crime happens due to the older person wielding his power over the young. The adult's power over the child is like 'taking candy from a baby' in the laws' eyes. Plus, the adult is supposed to be responsible, and able to direct the relationship....even when the girl is 'googly eyed'.

Here, we have a church elder answering a sheparding call, as requested by the girl's family and his church. This elder was put into a position of trust, and an agent of the Watchtower Society. When he abused his authority, he's liable & the Watchtower Society is also liable. This girl was vulnerable, in a vulnerable emotional state, and this creep took advantage of her vulnerability. Why was he there? The church placed him ther. What did he do with that power? Instead of giving a good witness to this girl, he raped her...emotionally, spiritually, and physically. It's very plain & simple.

Haven't we all heard that Tom Jones' song, "Go away little girl." Apparently, this elder did not hear that song.

This excuse of 'the girl was a flirt' just does not cut it with the public. It may work within the JW religion, where women are seen as Bethsheba & temptresses... but the Canadian public is just too smart for it.

Lock your doors Canada. The JW elders want your little girls, and your little kids lives via the blood doctrine. Suffer the Silent Lamb.

Skeeter

• minimus
    minimus

These Canadians.....

Seriously though, you'll still get the same responses within the JW community. "It happens to all groups. At least we disfellowship molesters!"

• Scully
    Scully
    Willick reported that the teen was "self abusing" and had run away from home

It must have been a big turn on for him to know that he had in his charge a teenage girl who was experimenting with masturbation. The fact that this behaviour was even under investigation by a congregation elder just goes to show the warped mentality, both on the part of the parents, who obviously sought the "spiritual help" on their daughter's behalf, on the part of the elder who apparently welcomed the opportunity to administer such "help". What a bunch of dumb@$$es.

• sosad
    sosad

I am glad to see this getting the attention it deserves - I posted this first thing yesterday morning and had not one reply - I have to be honest it made me sad to think no one cared about a young Saskatoon victim -

The jws in my life have been totally absent and quiet since this hit - they attend this Hall - i'm not sure about the cong. We live in "their territory" and it explains the reaction I got last fall when I was called on with the track ....the one with the obvious ref to the RC ped issue. I did not know about the local situation yet and commented on the witness problems in this area (meaning the international ones) They left pretty fast.

I contacted the local paper with more info but heard nothing back from the reporter. I will also contact the radio reporter

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

sosad,

For us who do not live in Canada, is this getting alot of press like the sextuplet case?

Skeeter

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

And, where is Mrs. Wendell Willick? Is she in hiding? Why isn't she being a good Christian wife? Had she rendered her marital due, this would have never happened. Why isn't Wendell attacking his wife, too? After all, Wendell is a weasel who likes to blame everyone else...but himself.

In all honesty, my heart goes out to Mrs. Willick & the three children. May they find the support & strength to get through this. They, like the victim herself, are also victims. Let's not forget them.

Skeeter

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

I lived in Saskatoon from 1978 to 2001. I did not know this elder, nor does his picture look familiar. Lakeview is on the east side. I lived on the west side. There were two circuits, dividing east and west.

He was asked to help in his capacity as church elder to stop a young teenage girl from masterbating? Asked by whom? The parents? What parent would turn their young teenage daughter over to a 40-year old man with no professional credientials?

Parents with blind trust? As in brainwashed perhaps?

When will these people learn?

ESTEE

• sosad
    sosad

not enough - it was front page but it was poorly researched -the local paper is not known for stellar journalism

the radio has been good but I am hoping it gets better with some additional info

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit