At the Specail Assambly Day

by Hermano 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Hermano
    Hermano

I'm at the Special Assambly Day entitled, Jehovah is our Potter we are the clay.

Interesting day. There was a talk in the morning session which included the news media as one of the tools that Satan uses to mislead us. They said we should not beleive everything in the newspaper and when articles are published about the JW's it is often lies with the intent to mislead. Sounds like they are getting the drones ready to not hear it when the sh!t hits the fan.

Another gem was the baptismal talk. The brother told the following story: A little girl wanted to get baptized. Her father objected due to her young age. The little girl asked her Dad, "If armagedon comes and I am not baptised will I be saved?" The father upon hearing the girls reasoning decided to let her get baptised. And she will be doing that today. What a great way to encourage our children to draw close to our loving heavenly father, cause if you don't he'll kill you!

During the afternoon session I had to go to my car. (I am on call and had gotten a call which I needed to address.) These two attendants are roaming the parking lot in a golf cart. So they see me in my car. They stop and one of them steps out and makes a big show of looking in my car. Finally he sees me in the front seat (don't know why he had to peer into my car to see me....) and comes over. He knocks on my car door under the guize of the is making sure I am ok. I tell him I am ok. Then he says, you know, the program started a while ago. I just say yeah I know, and then I laughed right in his face!!!! That would've have pissed me while I was still a slave, but now that I know I am free I just laugh at how ridiculous they are!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

They said we should not believe everything in the newspaper(or television and radio) and when articles are published about the JW's it is often lies with the intent to mislead. Sounds like they are getting the drones ready to not hear it when the sh!t hits the fan.

Yes - exactly my thought - heard a similar thing from the platform on Thursday.

the payouts to molested JWs in CA etc come to mind

• Gayle
    Gayle

Sounds like they are trying stifle/choke the JWs, no internet, no other references for deeper Bible study,,no news.. except WT mind-control info. (I read this and I start gasping for air)

• journey-on
    journey-on

Why do they make the r&f think it's only JWs that are lied about. Yet they will believe and quote the newspapers and TV/Radio reports about the Catholic Church's pedophile cover up. Guess the papers are truthful about everything except JW issues!

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev
    Why do they make the r&f think it's only JWs that are lied about. Yet they will believe and quote the newspapers and TV/Radio reports about the Catholic Church's pedophile cover up. Guess the papers are truthful about everything except JW issues

Exactly!!! It's such a key point when talking to jw's on this issue!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    "If armagedon comes and I am not baptised will I be saved?"

What is the difference between this and infant baptism?

• exwitless
    exwitless

Very, very true, New York. I was thinking how sad that was. Baptism is supposed to be done because you want to dedicate your life to "Jehovah" - willingly, regardless of whether Armageddon will ever happen. That statement just reinforces that the JW's whole motivation is FEAR. Fear of displeasing "Jehovah", fear of being df'd, fear of the elders, fear for your eternal life. It's really, really sad.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I guess the WTS reps should really emphasize that no NEGATIVE media coverage should be believed.....because they cannot afford to damage the (supposed) impact in their puff-pieces and those "we work together so nicely" articles, when they call the press to report on a KH being built.

How unrealistic IS it for JWs to ONLY BELIEVE the pats on the back, but totally ignore the FACTS about this cult?

• heathen
    heathen

Yah really , believe only the good and none of the bad . What a joke. As far as baptism goes jesus did say stuff like on those that are born again can inherit the kingdom , I think it's important but for children that can't decide for themselves I don't think it's big deal .

• Hermano
    Hermano
    A little girl wanted to get baptized. Her father objected due to her young age. The little girl asked her Dad, "If armagedon comes and I am not baptised will I be saved?" The father upon hearing the girls reasoning decided to let her get baptised. And she will be doing that today.

The brother paused and smiled at the audience after he delivered the punch line. Kinda like he had made a really good point and wanted it to sink in. I kinda looked around at the audience to see if anybody had noticed how messed up that sounded, but they all seemed OK with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit