What's running through the grapevine

by forsharry 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

It's just another example of lack of reasoning ability - they've BEEN sending Bethelites home because so much is automated now they don't need so many grunt workers. The farms are all shut down because it's become cheaper to buy food than to grow it and process it. There are entire floors in what was the bindery and printing that are like ghost towns - it's all automated now and the presses are so big they can print what they need more efficiently. They're not sending them home to pioneer, they're sending them home because there's no work and they're saving money.

• Mum
    Mum

'look at all that's happening, and it's the end!' - which reminds me of early 90s, personally.

And reminds me of the late '60's and early '70's, and would remind others of other times when the "end" was imminent. And the lies go on.....

Regards,

SandraC

• forsharry
    forsharry

yep. that's what I explained to my friend. I work in the printing industry too...we're all going through layoffs/streamlining procedures, to save time/money/etc. That's just what they're TELLING the flock.

exactly about the times 70, 80, 90, etc. every so often they stir themselves up into a frenzy, for this upcoming eventuality and then when it doesn't happen (cause it won't.) they have to find something to zero in on otherwise what's the point? I remember a scripture...Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. - Matthew 6:34

:)

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67

YEAH.

1975 - 6,000 years of human existence. THE END? POSSIBLY

1986 - Declared the year of Peace & Security. I thought that was it. And with all the mumbo-jumbo about not wasting our time going to College. It seemed like that was definitely it.

1990 - Gulf War. Declarations from Bush father of a New World Order. Prophecy being fulfilled? COULD THIS BE THE BEGGINING OF THE END?

SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 - TERRORIST ATTACK TO THE UNITED STATES. This must definitely be it. It made everyone forget that 1914 and WWI had changed the world. SOME THOUGHT WAS THE BEGINNING OF THE "GREAT TRIBULATION".

Now what? I wonder what else could be brewing or what exactly it is that will mark "the end". So much has happened that will give us a clue as to the times we are living and the worst things have happened. What else needs to happen? And what and how is the Org. going to explain why the end hasn't come yet?

• Younglove1999
    Younglove1999

"Muffy" LOL :)

Anyways, interesting about the whole sending home Bethelites thing. I know of a lot of older Bethelites who spent decades at Bethel who have recently been "released" because their services were no longer needed. I found it strange considering that I know of at least 4 recently married young couples who were accepted there permanantly in the past year or two. So apparently, the ones who gave up any sort of "normal" life and career to dedicate their lives to Bethel for centrues, are no longer good enough and have been tossed out with "Jehovah will provide" commetns, while these young ones keep piling in. It's a great idea in my opinion, the older ones have decades of brainwashing from the society and nowhere left to go so will just stick with the Org. no matter what; these young ones are still influential, so lets get em in the door and pound this stuff in their heads and meanwhile they've got the stamina to be our little peons-

man, the FDS are so smart

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Since everything is about money the answer always cmes by following the money.

There is no money in printing literature. That is why the quality and quantity continues to go on a downward spiral. They can easily send worker home to poineer. It serves two purposes. 1 - They no longer have th oay for the upkeep of the slaves and 2 - there is a possiblity that the efforts of the poineers will increase donations.

So where is the money? The money comes by using free labor and free or low cost building materials to build homes and then taking the insurance money from the homeowners.

• yknot
    yknot

Well let me share with yall what we are hearing out of HOUSTON.

1 Preachers are being preped by the Dept of Homeland Security-

http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin392.htm

2 KBR (Kellog-Brown and Root a former Haliburton subsidiary) have extend a contract with the federal gov for 5 years to set up refugee camps

http://www.kbr.com/news/2006/govnews_060124.aspx

3 Bush inacted a Dictatorship clause.....will he leave office?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/05/20070509-12.html

Nice to see the WTBS riding the beast...rrrggg..... I mean supporting the cause.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

My friend says the end of thigs is very near, yet he continues to tell me that one day he will be buying his own place. Why bother?

If the end is sooo near, why stockpile tons of cash?

• NvrKssdNObutt
    NvrKssdNObutt

I have been wondering where muffy disappeared to. next time you talk to her tell her i still love her

james t

• monophonic
    monophonic

i think it's all about $$.

even though bethel poverty volunteers are donating their time, they're also being housed, taking showers together in steaming hot water while lathering themselves with soap in all the right places and dropping the soap.

most of these bethelites are uneducated and need a lot of hands on supervision, thus more soap, housing, food charges...kind of like what it cost to keep people in prison. Hmm, it would be interesting to know what it does cost to maintain these people at bethel...and compare it to the prison population. cough cough, turn to the right.

yes, i forgot medical care, dental care, it's all cha-ching...so downscaling print production and workforce opens up A LOT of real estate that can be cashed in on in one of the most expensive markets in the united states.

so, i bet it's money, but the wtbts loves to put a spin on these things, why they don't anyone educated to think to hard on this stuff, just nod their bobbleheads and keep recruitin'.

thanks for the quotes and updates...fun, fun stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit