SNL Skit with Awake!

by VanillaMocha73 14 Replies latest social humour

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

What are the odds? This skit was on SNL about 2 mins ago. I was able to check it out on my tv...bigger screen than my lappy. The magazing was the celebrity gossip mag, "In Touch".

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

I actually remember an SNL skit from years ago (late 70's or early 80's) using the music from "Jaws," where the Jehovah's Witnesses are eaten (or attacked) by a "house holder's" pet (or invading?) shark (or some such scenario). My parents, siblings and I were all active JWs at the time and thought it was hilarious.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    SNL skit from years ago (late 70's or early 80's) using the music from "Jaws," where the Jehovah's Witnesses are eaten (or attacked) by a "house holder's" pet (or invading?) shark (or some such scenario).

Landshark. I remember this from the show, too and saw the transcript here on JWD about a year ago.

It might exist on YouTube.

-Aude.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Yeah! That was the "Land Shark" skit w/ Candace Bergen as the householder that clobbered the JW. The literature went flying all over the place...funny stuff! I looked for the skit on youtube and myspace videos to paste here, but that particular segment isn't avaiable. I've only seen it on the best of Chevy Chase from his years on SNL.

• VanillaMocha73

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit