5 Tennessee Elders die in plane crash

by Nathan Natas 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Mum
    Mum

Scully: I like your idea of a fund to help the families. However, I think some thought needs to go into how it would be disbursed because cash is likely to be used (in whole or in part) to further the Watchtower agenda of ruining the lives of the remaining people of our planet. IMHO, it should be allocated to mortgage or rent, food, school clothes and supplies, and such practical things. It would also be nice to send flowers and baskets of fruit or similar items.

What do you think?

Regards,

SandraC

• Honesty
    Honesty

Thanks for coming to general aviation's defense as this is all I've been hearing from my JW relatives. While I welcome this shortlived interest in aviation, albeit for their purposes of jumping to conclusions about what those elders could possibly have done to cause such a accident, I have been flying small planes for 10 years and agree with your assessment of it's being used as a mode of transportation if approached responsibly.

Unless it is a catastrophic structural failure, most problems can be handled in such a way as to be able to get the bird on the ground safely. The bulk of the pilots I've run into that have gotten into problems were usually flying in conditions or aircraft far beyond their abilities, hotdogging and showing off, or they'd let complaceney creep into their planning.

I knew 3 of those elders and they weren't basketball player material.

They were just as obese as I am (250 lbs.+) and there is no way I would load 3 people, let alone 5 in a Bonanza and attempt to fly over a 4,000 foot high mountain.

Holston Mountain

• lawrence
    lawrence

Enough reason to not build another hall. I'll be lighting candles.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Scully: I like your idea of a fund to help the families. However, I think some thought needs to go into how it would be disbursed because cash is likely to be used (in whole or in part) to further the Watchtower agenda of ruining the lives of the remaining people of our planet. IMHO, it should be allocated to mortgage or rent, food, school clothes and supplies, and such practical things. It would also be nice to send flowers and baskets of fruit or similar items.

What do you think?

Regards,

SandraC

May our brothers rest in peace.

They were victims as we were victims.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

I just looked up some weight performance specs of a 6 seater Beech Bonanza A36.

Max Ramp Weight 3663 lbs

Max Takeoff Weight 3650 lbs

Fuel capacity 444 lbs

Basic Empty Weight 2530lbs

1 pilot Weight 170 lbs

Max Payload (without Pilot) 909 lbs.

Useful Load (Without pilot) 1063 lbs

If you're a part of the aviation community, you know where I'm going with this..........

Five grown porker men in this plane is a classic complacent pilot-in-command ID-10-T (idiot) error. Weight and balance totally out of limits.

Three 250 men in this plane lifts it's takeoff weight to 3280....that is without any fuel. If the fuel tanks were even half full, this alone would put the aircraft right at the edge of it's designed max takeoff weight. (3502 lbs) Put two more people of at least what the FAA averages out as the typical weight per passenger, 170 lbs, and you already have a plane that is near 200 lbs heavier than it should be. (3842). If the other two passengers were grown men, I suspect that they'd weigh considerably more than 170 lbs.

A recipe for disaster............

My friends, in the three dimensional world of flying, shortcutting on weight and center of gravity (balance) will make you a Grand Champion Darwin Award winner whose genes will, sooner rather than later, be excised from the pool.

• Honesty
  • johnny cip
    johnny cip

I know how much I'm hated on this site for my candor. but i got extra frequent flier miles with my jw dad from this sad event. just by asking him WERE THE HELL WAS JEHOVAH, YOU CAN'T TELL ME THEY WEREN'T DOING JEHOVAH'S WORK HERE? and gave him some details. and asked maybe they had whores on board? I asked doesn't it allways say in the WATCHDOG MAG'S HOW jehovah protects his true followers to expand KINGDUM INTERESTS? WHAT IN JOE-HOOVERS NAME HAPPENED HERE.? well this story and my telling my dad about some child molester cases the wt has lost in the last few months. and all of a sudden after not talking to me for months, he in the last few weeks invites me for lunch, coffee, and just calling me on the phone to talk with me the WILD AND CRAZY APOSTATE. my dad knows i can't control my self, and will tell him the latest dirt about the borg. but he was upset today when I told him i'm too busy at work to have lunch with him. and trust me he knows what he's going to hear from me. but he wanted to here a flaming APOSTATE AT WORK. i loved about 3 years ago dad and me were having lunch and some snot nosed jw came into the rest. and sat down with us. I started tearing this guy to shreads, and my dad told this jw " you picked the wrong person to argue the TRUTH with" I was proud my dad stuck up for me < even in a roundabout way> i've learned to use these stories to my advantage with jw's. no matter how sad they are. BTW I had a big weekend in field service. but will not tell the stories here till the MODS. REMOVE MY RESTRICTIONS FROM STARTING TOPICS. JOHN THE WT EXPOSER

• Mary
    Mary
    and gave him some details. and asked maybe they had whores on board?

jc, you're an asshole of the first order and it's nutcases like YOU that give apostates bad names.

• moshe
    moshe

Mary said:

jc, you're an asshole of the first order and it's nutcases like YOU that give apostates bad names.

I consider many JW's to be in the same category as a drug addict and being nice or civil does not get their attention. There is in my opinion a need for "tough love" for many JW's. The vast majority of the householders who interact with them in FS are courteous and reinforce a JW's attitude of superiority. I guess you might consider me a nutcase too, as I actively look for JW's to debate. Yes, JW's might call me bad names because I oppose them and their false smugness. I don't need JW's to like me, but to listen to what I have to say without filtering it out. Sometimes a shocking statement or comment is needed to get a JW to stop using rehearsed answers and for them to answer from the heart. Try calling KH's, Mary and see how far you get with elder know-at-all. John and I talk to loyal JW's all the time and we have learned what works.

Back to your comment- Mary, I think you have went too far and you have broken posting rule number one and rule number three- In my opinion, you owe John Cip an apology.

I for one enjoy his escapades. There is room for all personalities here, especially those who are have a good experience and are colorful. I don't understand why the Mods have blocked John from starting topics, he never talked about menstruation, how to get pregnant, sexual frigidity or menopause- Just good stories from the trences about JW's - kinda like a British tabloid story- Simon can appreciate that.- Bring Johnny back.

• Cellist
    Cellist

Sorry, Mary. But, personally, I don't think Johnny went overboard. The sarcasm was well suited to the conversation he was relating. That sort of "shock treatment" works very well under some circumstances. I've used similar on my mother (who is not a JW).

Cellist

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit