5 Tennessee Elders die in plane crash

by Nathan Natas 64 Replies latest jw friends

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Who owned the plane?

Skeeter

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Sad, but goes to show that Jehovah isn't protecting his chosen people after all Jehober doesnt seem to protect America or US soldiers either. What's up with that? Maybe hes resting or out on vacation in the cosmos.

• eclipse
    eclipse

Satan did it they might say....

but God let him?

I feel sorry for the families...

but they will comfort themselves by saying, ''they will be ressurected for sure...''

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

This thread is Frigg`n Amazing!!..5 Elders die and you people feel sorry for the familys..If a plane full of Apostates died in a plane crash.There`s not a JW on the planet that would give a shit..In fact,many would enjoy it.....You are all very decent people!...OUTLAW

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle
    5 Elders die and you people feel sorry for the familys..If a plane full of Apostates died in a plane crash.There`s not a JW on the planet that would give a shit.

I was thinking the same thing...

• Highlander
    Highlander

Outlaw, you raise a very good point. I think this demonstrates how far along us apostates have come in showing we are caring human beings that show concern for other people despite the religious differences.

• Mum
    Mum

This hits close to home. I used to be in a congregation in the adjacent county. I knew Bob and Marlene Burpitt. (As an aside, Bob was and probably still is a gifted pianist, and, I think a phi beta kappa - and still a dub!?)

Anyway, I am a bit discombobulated wondering if I knew any of the victims. I'll keep checking the news media in that area to find out. Some of the elders' families were nice folks. What a pity that nice folks can be so deceived.

Regards,

SandraC

• Gregor
    Gregor

I hope we wouldn't withold our compassion for these guys and their friends and families. That's JW stuff. Who knows, I think it's possible that some day one or more of those five could have been right here on JWD with us.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    According to Church elder Robert Burpitt who contacted the Times-News Sunday

I've spent weekends at his home with my ex and probably either know or am acquainted with every one of the men who were killed.

I feel for their families and can only pray for them.

Since escaping the cult and its false doctrine of a 'second chance' every time I hear of a JW dying that I once was friends with until they rejected our friendship I can't help but wonder if they called out to Jesus like the man on the cross next to him.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Absolutely tragic

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit