The Service Overseer nearly cried from the podium.

by 5go 29 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

Work on him. He is realizing how silly it is.

You mention money every so often, and leave it alone. By constantly harping on it, you are NOT trusting in Jah. Plain and simple. You become no different than the televangelists.

This brother is seeing it, now.

• RR
    RR

alt

• 5go
    5go
    You still go to those things???

What can I say, I am a masochist.

• steve2
    steve2

His tears were probably for real. Tired, worn-out people tend to cry more...maybe it's as simple as that.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Nathan,

I remember the coal test and the reference from CT Russell about God providing always stuck in my throat when they begged for money.

Shameless they are!

• Brain Dead
    Brain Dead

Does anyone know the name of the publishing company back in biblical times when the preaching work started,

And do you suppose it was monetary successfully as the WTS. is today.

I think it was called Christ's Kingdom Weekly if I'm not mistaken.

By Jove it's a publishing house masquerading as a spiritual guided relgion..........shocking isn't it

• KW13
    KW13

If this guy was crying about what you suppose, then he is going through a realization that many go through when they wish they could leave but cant or prior to leaving. Good for him, shows the witnesses aren't inhuman!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Maybe the congregation should apply for a credit card, with an insurance clause for stupidity

• still_in74
    still_in74
    We had a few die and leave a bundle to the cong.

i remember being asked to witness and sign for the cont. boxes about 5 years ago. A sister had recently died and a cheque for $13000.00 was in the box. I signed the slip and brought it directly to the cong. secretaries house. The son of the deceased was an elder and I listened for a few months and there was NEVER a large donation value or cong. account dollar value ever mentioned.

I never said anything to anyone because I was a good boy and just presumed that the elders felt it best to use this discretely on the many renovations that happened after that (although the cong. was given a $$ figure to donate for that)

I never did find out why the cong. accounts were still only around a thousand bucks every month after that. Hmmmmmm....................

• RR
    RR

Don't laugh, many congregations actually take credit and debit cards. Especially in Europe

RR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit