The Service Overseer nearly cried from the podium.

by 5go 29 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• 5go
    5go

He was giving the part about giving your riches to Jehovah The Watchtower. You could tell there was a conflict going on in his head, while he was giving it.

You know he probaly has an idea that "Jehovah provides things, so don't worry about it" . Though he was giving a part to get Jehovah's people to give more, to the contrary of the affore mentioned idea.

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

He was prolly crying because he had to write the check for the Hall mortgage and utilities due to lack of contributions.

BP

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

haha.

yet they don't want anyone to go to college.

f that guy.

• VM44
    VM44

Do you know what study material the talk was based upon?

Would like to read what almost make a grown man cry on the platform!

--VM44

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Maybe he's having a crises of conscience? Hopefully we'll see him posting on here someday.

• 5go
    5go
    Do you know what study material the talk was based upon?

Would like to read what almost make a grown man cry on the platform!

--VM44

It was the assigned part from the KM on it I think. It was last night. (Maybe it was a special needs) So my quess it was an outline from HQ about giving. It was bad though very see through in my opinion.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Maybe it was fake tears to induce people to give more to Jehovah---ERRR I mean the Witchtower.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

He was prolly crying because he had to write the check for the Hall mortgage and utilities due to lack of contributions.

BP

Excellent commentary. There is nothing wrong with being an independent businessperson. Many elders are
    independent window washers, janitors, etc. Others went to college before becoming spirituallly serious and
    are in a good financial situation (while telling others to remain without an education).

That said, most elders have decent to good finances at home. The trade-off for being elevated to elder is the
    expectation that you will be able to raise enough funds to cover any shortcomings. Yes, the elders are greatly
    expected to give more if the flock doesn't. Not a great hardship if you have 10 elders, but when there are less,
    the costs can really pile up.

To avoid the C.O.'s wrath, the elders will beg and plead the congregation for donations, then they will just write
    the checks on their own if they don't get it.

While I contributed in these crisis times, I learned to balance my personal giving by only covering the shortfalls.
    If the congregation covered the expenses, I gave nothing. I reached in the pocket when the BOE figured how
    much each elder should give to cover a problem. That way, I averaged out to the same as I was wanting to give
    anyway.

• 5go
    5go
    Maybe it was fake tears to induce people to give more to Jehovah---ERRR I mean the Witchtower.

No, it was like there was a conflict in his head. It really seemed like he did not want to do the part.

• lawrence
    lawrence

He probably was tired of beating on the flock, and was tired of Brooklyn's demands, as well as tired of a life that was fake. Keep us updated on his exit. How much more can these men take with a smile from a gang of ballbusters? Listen Brooklyn, your older men are dying off, and your younger men are running away! It's not about doctrine, it's about beating the crap out of the sheep, and then laughing in luxurious enclaves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit