A funny thing happened on the way to the Hall...

by Uncertain 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It might be true that all religions are mysticism, but at least the Baptists only give you one layer of mysticism. The Witlesses give you two: Not only do they teach from a Bible that glorifies a value-destroying God, but the teachings aren't even true to the Bible! Besides, they do not shun you if you later disagree with a core teaching. You can still go to the Baptist church for fellowship and to contribute to the community at large without having to officially join the church.

If you are going to continue to go to any church, any mainstream Catholic or Protestant church would be a better choice than continuing with the Watchtower Society. At least they give you some freedom to think on your own, and they will not become enemies should you later decide to switch churches or disagree with a doctrine. And they will not keep changing the rules every other meeting. Not to mention that there are fewer meetings per week, no service, and the children have age-appropriate activities. Not that I would recommend it, but it is a free choice that you can do. In fact, it may make it easier to stay away from the Witlesses when you have somewhere else to go.

• Mum
    Mum

Uncertain: I take it that you are studying with JW's, not an actual baptized witness.

A lot of people on this board have had such a bitter experience with the JW's that they don't think any church has anything to offer spiritually. I know that some churches do offer a rich spiritual experience. I had a pre-JW life that included church, and my positive outlook as a result of my churchgoing was a big help to the JW's who converted me; at the time (age 15!) it seemed to me that the JW's have a greater understanding of scripture. Yes, there are plenty of hypocrites out there because they have the freedom to be that. There are also plenty of people who live at the center of their faith and enhance their own and others' lives because of it.

No one else can decide for you what is best for you. But you are walking your own spiritual journey and finding your way. Best wishes.

Regards,

SandraC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit