I told a lie

by purplesofa 29 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I very rarely lie, but I took off work for personal reasons, and that was not a good enough explanation so I told an acceptable lie which no one really gives a rats ass or not.

There was a time when the telling the truth about eveything was important to me. I thought it made a difference. Sometimes I suffered for telling the truth. Sometimes no one cared what the real truth really was.

I believed by being truthful we would stay at the center of reality. Good or bad, and we could learn from it and correct things.

like when they ask, why are you returning this merchandise, tell the truth, so we can get better products,

just stupid small things like that. People really dont want to hear the truth.

I became angry when I thought about the JW religion and the way they handle problems and being truthful. No wonder they grill people like they do, when they are not truthful themselves. The lies, the coverups that they do themselves is not behaviour of everyone.

Not everyone is out to get another, not everyone is judgemental, there are kind compassionate people everywhere.

It is such a small thing that upsets me the most about the society, and that is the change in wording from the WT to the bound volume on the generation thing. A lie

How many people have we seen humiliated, shunned, demoralized, from being DF, from going through a judicial meeting.......questioned over and over.

And yet, we could not and cannot question. We do not have the priveledge of having an audience with the very people we have supported financially, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.

There is so much than can be said. I wondered if they feel at all badly for the lies, like I felt for lieing to my co-workers. There is part of me that says, what I am off work for is non of their business, but it was unscheduled.

What the governing body, the writing dept, whoever is administering the literature from up there in Brooklyn, those people that counsel their followers the ones that support them, NOT to read any other publications, the books they study from are so messed up, when they studied the Revelation book.......how many errors were changed in it ......a special sheet came out stating page by page how to fix them????

The time I spent hiding out to fade with the least amount of damage sickens me. All the while giving the org respect.

They lied to me, they lied to us, and for that reason, I don't and will never believe what they say. It also makes me sick that they use the bible as a means to continue lieing, pretending to be good and righteous. For those that still have a fairy tale belief system they exploit that and that sickens me as well.

ok, i am done be sick for tonight

ciao

purps

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I forgive you Purps.

• Blindbutnowisee
    Blindbutnowisee

Telling lies is a part of being human, some people do it more than others.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Please, I hope Terry does not read my post, typos, misspellings, jumbled thinking.......sorry.

maybe if just one person understands what i was trying to say it will help them. For the others, sorry for the way I presented this, I am a bit tired and not a very good writer.

purps

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Thanks Stealth........almighty Stealth.......

and oh the other day, I was riding down the street and I was (((...........))) .can you forgive me for that too!?!?!?!

purps

• coaster
    coaster

good post, and I sense your pain and frustration.

Now help me learn what this change from wt to bound volume is about generation please.

Thanks, coaster

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies.........

even the wts says it's okay to lie. can you say...theocratic warfare?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

coaster

i think I told a story!!!........its the change in one of the 89 WT.........right now I cant even remember the words they changed...

someone will have it........I have it on my external hard drive and cant hook it up right now

purps

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

There really are BIG BLACK LIES and little white lies.

No human being that I know of has not told a few of both sorts. But when a religious authority tells the BBL's, and gets people to die for those BBL's, it is a bloody carpet they try and hide. It is unpardonable in my opinion, for a religious authority to do such a thing.

We, society, would not tolerate our leaders doing so, the principle of our children's school doing so, our local cops doing so. Why should we not be scathingly angry that a religious authority wanted us to die without blood due to a lie? Or to die by execution due to thier lies? Or to sneer and call our well intended neighbors and family 'worthy of the fire of Gehenna' for not believing the same lies we did? Why should we not be angry at times that every vestige of our trust was laid waste when we uncovered such lies hidden in the closets of the authority we trusted?

We should be angry at that. We should be DAMNED ANGRY at that when we think of it. But, that little white lie, that mis-truth, that harmed no one, while it bothers you, is harmless.

Rest. We think nothing worse of you. You should not of yourself. "Do no harm", is an axiom that applies. You did not. So, rest.

Jeff

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

there's no one out there keeping track. I think lying is a problem if you are withholding information from people who have a right to know. Otherwise, ummmmm, take it easy on yourself. I try to not lie, do my best to tell the truth, but I'm not obsessive about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit