Active Elders who post on JWD

by Honesty 85 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BFD
    BFD
    BFD and Quandry,

Para's comments were tongue in cheek - sarcasm - and not meant to be taken literally!

S4

Phew! I thought para was reiterating a conversation he read on gabbly.

My bad, I guess.

BFD

• Open mind
    Open mind

Question for Honesty:

Assuming Gary1914 and myself continue in our current course, would you prefer that we stop posting here on JWD?

BTW, don't try talking us into changing or telling us why we're hypocrites, etc.

Would YOU prefer that we stop posting? Just curious.

Open Mind

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I have not read this entire thread since Im also working at the office multitasking but I wanted to ask another question that ties along with the topic of this thread.

What will it take some of you active elder's to draw the line and speed up your exit? Would it be something that the org does to you personally instead of just finding out it is a fraud? So the fact that you were lied to and deceived was not enough to get you to exit and lose your family. No judgements here, but if you were called to be on a JC against someone in the cong who was accused of doing what you youself may be doing would it pain you to take action against someone which will leave him to deal with something you are avoiding? that being cut off from your family?

LRG

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I have to say that I'm glad their are elders and MSs posting here. There is no one way to leave the Witnesses, and I don't judge anyone about this.

I hope we always have active JWs coming here to post while they fade.

S4

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Hey BFD.

That was the general gist of the conversation, though rather embellished by me. They were attacking an elder trying to fade for not just standing up and leaving. Calling him a hypocrite, trying to goad him into DA'ing himself rather than fading.

I pointed out that fading takes time and he could lose his wife and kids. The argument was that a blow to the organization was more important than keeping a family. If they are in, they are lost causes and you're better off without them.

At that point my wife logged off and was later attacked as "weak" for not staying to argue with them.

Some people leave the organization, but keep all the fundamentalist extremes with them.

• Open mind
    Open mind

LRG:

I don't sit on JCs anymore. I refuse.

We all draw our own "lines", and that's one of mine.

Open Mind

• juni
    juni

Let's just call it THEOCRATIC STRATEGY - you know like Rahab hiding the spies and then lying? Everything was still cool w/God, right?

Everyone has to do what is right for their circumstances; no one should judge that.

My .02 worth.

Juni

• Gary1914
    Gary1914
    If you were called to be on a JC against someone in the cong who was accused of doing what you youself may be doing would it pain you to take action against someone which will leave him to deal with something you are avoiding? that being cut off from your family?

I have not yet been included in a judicial committee where someone was accused of commiting apostacy. But I have attended meetings where a teenage girl was pregnant and also where one of the elder's sons was caught masterbating on more than one occasions. I recommended on both occasions that mercy be shown because of their age and they both cried which showed repentance. However, even if they did not show repentance, I absolutely will not vote to disfellowship ever again, unless there is some kind of pedophilia, sexual force or murder. Jehovah should be the one who decides, not men. It's ridiculous to think that we can expell members sometimes on just on a whim. I have seen elders insist that someone be disfellowshipped for revenge or just because the person was roundly disliked.

If I were called in to officiate in a judicial meeting where someone was accused of apostacy, I would vote to exonerate them. No matter what. I hope that happens because then I would have someone in the congregation to talk to about my feelings.

The whole disfellowshipping think is just so much crap. It gives men power over other men, and we all know the results of power. Corruption.

• undercover
    undercover

I feel for elders who realize that the "truth" is anything but true, yet have to continue to pretend to be a faithful JW in front of family, friends and fellow elders.

It must be a terrible psychological burden to endure. To go to five meetings a week, give parts and talks, counsel people in the name of the Watchtower, to encourage "weak" ones to come to meetings, to sit in on Judicial Committee meetings, to actually disfellowship someone...then turn around and go home and fake it in front of the family.

Is is hypocritical? Technically speaking...yes it is. But all of us who have "faded" without coming out and saying that we no longer believe that the JWs are the one true religion are also technically hypocrites. It's not that we choose to be such, our hand is forced to do so because of the policies of the WTS. If we could resign from the religion and not suffer the shunning and ostracizing, how many would continue to be hypocritical in how they go about leaving the religion?

• FlipThis
    FlipThis

I can't pass judgement on anyone.

But for me; you only live once, so I don't *THINK* I could ever do this (live a life I can't live with).

to each his own.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit