Active Elders who post on JWD

by Honesty 85 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

Gary1914: Please help me underdstand: why? I'm not trying to force anyone to leave prematurely. I'm not trying to be rude. I just don't get it. The things you just mentioned are deceitful, are they not? Does the end justify the means? Does this not make you a little like them? Help me wrap my brain around this if you can.

changeling

Hi Changeling. You questioned if the things I am doing are deceitful? I suppose they are, but deceitful to whom? An organization? A corporation?

When I conduct the book study, I take the answers that the brothers give and I say "good" or "fine" because they have answered the questions in the book just as they are suppose to. I don't add information to their comment. I am not angry at the witnesses. They are doing just what they were taught to do. I was once of like mind.

Does the end justify the means? I don't know. But I don't feel that this is a moral dilemma. What we are speaking of is, after all, just a cult. A man made religion. Why do they deserve my respect? Right now, they do not "need to know" my true feelings. I will reveal those to them when I am ready.

Does it make me a little like them? Of course it does. That's where I learned it from!

But I will admit my mistakes. I will apologize when I am wrong. I will not force someone to accept my "truth" or else. So in some respects I am better than they are.

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly

When I first joined this forum, I also questioned why an active JW would be here and post. I queeried it to myself for a little while, then realized that I was actually thinking like a JW.. horrors of all horrors! My experience of departure was sudden, there was no time to think of it. But if I had stayed, which I likely could have for many years if I hadnt experienced sudden disalusionment. I am unsure as to what I would do if I had a wife/husband or children involved in the organization. I consider myself to be a very honest person, but in this situation, I would likely search for the best way out, doing so diplomatically in order not to lose my immediete loved ones. I am not sure if it is more painful to live with something you do not believe in, while seeking a way out, or to have my experience of immediete shunning. As a mother, my daughter comes first in my life, I doubt that I could openly alienate her from myself due to a change in my beliefs. I would very cautiously plan, and hope to sneak away with our relationship still in tact. Or better yet, take her with me. Such a tough situation, I am glad I don't have to deal with it.

I try hard to live by the following quote by Hermann Hesse, by doing so, I cannot judge, only empathize with my fellow humans even if I do not agree.

"It is not our purpose to become each other; it is to recognize each other, to learn to see the other and honor him for what he is" Hermann Hesse

LTF

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

I have the utmost respect for those that can bear to stay - it must be torture, its hard enough doing it all when you believe it all, let alone doing it all when you think it's a load of BS.

The pain of being shunned by friends and family is unbearable - I can understand that many cannot face that pain and have a plan to try and minimise the damage of leaving, however long that may take.

If the society can promote the telling of lies/withholding the truth in certain situations, in the name of 'theocratic warfare' (can't remember the WT that ran this article - maybe someone can help out?) then I don't see anything wrong in living a 'double life' as an unbelieving elder'.

In a cult, all the normal rules of life do not apply.

You are doing a great job (but I hope you are able to leave soon....) :-)

SP

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I would not want to live as they do. However, I would also not want to judge what their choice is. They are informed and they have consented to live the way they do. My target is the JWs who are brainwashed and do not know there is another way, they are victims. Those living a double life are not victims. We have shown them the way out and if they for their own reasons do not choose it how are we better than JWs to force our way on them?

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I say, kudos to you guys who do it. Talk about making a rod for your own back! It can't be easy, but it's the only chance of getting your loved ones out with you.

Paralipomenon cracked me up! Thanks mate.

Changeling, the alternative in most cases is losing the wife and kids. Give them a break.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Active Elders who post on JWD

As long as they do not produce any new converts,

I say more power to them.

changeling another thought;

fading is similar to staying in (in whatever capacity),

fading gives hope to family and friends that

you are just weak right now and you'll be back.

Makes the dub think Satan sure is strong we better try harder.

Look how he almost got changeling !!!!!

ps I am also faded, 10 years now.

• blondie
    blondie

Being a fader myself, I can say that while some families might have hope for you, others have consigned you to Gehenna just for being inactive and not attending any meetings.

Even if you DA or are df'd, some family members will still have hope and "encourage" you, as will some elders.

The only way you stop them from hoping is to die...no wait, if you die before Armageddon, they will hope you will be resurrected to live with them under the Borg regime.

Blondie

• freeme
    freeme

i can understand such elders...

the deeper you are in the more youre about to lose when you quit.

in one second you're an elder in wonderful standing and everyone smiles at you and loves you for the position youre having and the next second you are a hated by all the other elders and witnesses, losing all your privileges and friends, the respect of your wife and all that while battling your own guilt all day long. some ppl just do not have the strength to bear this.

no, im not such an elder or MS, but ive trouble to get out as a normal witness with all privileges already lost.

an elder lives in a world where he maybe a normal worker in the world but a glory figure in JWism... like batman. ;) leaving the truth means throwing that bat-cape away and everyone you know and love spits on you for that.

psychological pressure at its finest. i feel for them.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    "A good soldier picks his battlefield."

surely a good soldier does exactly what he is told from his superiors and is not allowed to question his orders.

how many soldiers get to choose where they are going to fight..do they have brochures. don't fancy iraq this time of year - lets invade the bahamas.

a reasonable person may choose his battles - a good soldier does not.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Everyone leaves in their own way. Some elders who stay hope to effect reform within. I say, more power to them. It is these elders and other nominal JW's that the society is most afraid of. Do you think they fear the raving "apostate" waving placards outside the convention? The "sheep" have been well primed to avoid such ones. But what of "enemies" within? Why you think the dire warnings not even to trust your brother? A controlling leadership that does not trust it's own membership becomes harsh and unloving. That leadership hastens it's own demise.

Not everyone can leave suddenly. What of dependent teens and young adults? If they speak their mind they risk (literally) being on the streets.

What of partners of JW's like myself? Any sudden action on my part immediately brings the insecure cult personality to the fore, and communication and love shuts down. Patience has worked for me and many others.

I was perhaps a little harsh with dawg when he came on here, an advocate of the bold, declarative exit. But, really, I don't mind if that's how he wants to exit. My chief concern is that he advocated that it was the only way to go. I prefer rather a personlized plan, because it helps the exiting witness to take charge of their life. It's their plan, and they can leave their way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit