Are you concerned about the markets?

by Dragonlady76 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Nulite
    Nulite

I agree with the others. Debt is a problem. However the US Market is the world's biggest customer. As long as we have a currency system Japan and China and others will continue to by back US debt.

Japan is too small a country and has no choice. China is to large a country and has no choice. Both have precious few resources. Both need the US customer base. Look at what they put out. Japan the best cars. China the cheapest shit in the world.

The US market will rebound. The rich and or wise make money no matter what market does. A crash like back in 1932 is unlikely. The key is debt management. If you learn to manage your debt you will survive. If not you will crash and burn.

The housing bubble allowed alot to people to get rich. Unrealistic people should have understood that a $300,000 home cannot be had for $500.00 a month.

NL

• TopHat
    TopHat

The FED will have to lower interest rates down a noch to recover from the housing slump

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    The FED will have to lower interest rates down a noch to recover from the housing slump

This would be a good start.

• trevor
    trevor

The rise of the stock market and housing market has been caused by cheap credit. Any investment is worth more than it appears in a Bear market and less than it appears in a Bull market.

We need to treat both these imposters with caution, otherwise it always ends in tears.

Trevor - of the shrewd and cautious club.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Trev, I agree with you in part. I have 23years left to work. I will leverage the bond market accordingly.

• Forscher
    Forscher

Although the economy has been quite robust because of the Republican tax breaks, one sector of the economy has been troubling, the housing market.

Now I am not an economist, but prices of new and used houses and other real property have gone through the roof in many locations. I live in an area which is generally depressed in comparison to the rest of the country. Housing prices and rents have gone through the roof and wages haven't kept pace (you wouldn't believe how many people around here will get a raise only because the minimum wage law has gone up). I don't think it takes an economist or a rocket scientist to see that spells trouble. And that is a significant enough part of the market to bring things down at some point.

Forscher

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I think we need to see some laws passed on realestate sales, in Florida we had speculators driving up the price of homes, artificially of course, now people cannot keep up with those adjustable rate mortage payments and some folks here are upside down on the home they thought would continue to appreciate.

• 5go
    5go

I agree with the others. Debt is a problem. However the US Market is the world's biggest customer. As long as we have a currency system Japan and China and others will continue to by back US debt.

Japan is too small a country and has no choice. China is to large a country and has no choice. Both have precious few resources. Both need the US customer base. Look at what they put out. Japan the best cars. China the cheapest shit in the world.

The US market will rebound. The rich and or wise make money no matter what market does. A crash like back in 1932 is unlikely. The key is debt management. If you learn to manage your debt you will survive. If not you will crash and burn.

The housing bubble allowed alot to people to get rich. Unrealistic people should have understood that a $300,000 home cannot be had for $500.00 a month.

NL

You have to remember it is not japan or china it is people that live in japan and china that take on that debt. At some point they are going to say to hell with them americans what do they got we don't got or those debts are not good for the bottom line. Then there goes that money some where else.

• watson
    watson

No equity, no fun!! As people lose equity in their homes, they can no longer re fi those cool cars, fun trips, pay off those department store credit cards. I am concerned about the economy....without fake money, we can't "have it all!!!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit