Are you concerned about the markets?

by Dragonlady76 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

How do you feel about the current slump in the housing market and it's impact on the stock market?

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Those who have overextended themselves by taking out loans bigger than they can afford will suffer the consequences.

But I don't see this brining some kind of cataclysmic downfall. Every year there is a wave of stories hyped in the media that tell us the next big thing that is going to doom us all.

• Nulite
    Nulite

Hey DragonLady76 is that a picture of Samuel Heard of the GB posted on your profile?

They knew this was coming. The same thing happened in Japan in the late 80's and 90's when they loosened the standards for getting a loan. Giving money to people with bad credit is very risky. Ask any crack head.

NL

• 5go
    5go

Yes and No

I am more worried about debt.

The west (US mainly) is very in debt to the east (china and japan) right now in fact we could be headed to a russian style collaspe soon.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    Hey DragonLady76 is that a picture of Samuel Heard of the GB posted on your profile?

Don't insult Tyrone Biggums like that!

• Nulite
    Nulite

My bad DragonLady 76. I see now. I had to picture Tyrone Biggums without the red cap. No disrespeck. Crack heads are running the markets.

NL

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

np nulite.

I think this will be a big problem for retailers this holiday season.

I live in Florida where the home prices increased steadily over the past 4 years but now the prices are dropping with no end in sight.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

No, you have to look back at the markets history, Personally Im in a growth(aggressive) mode for the next 10-15 years so I really have to roll with the highs and lows. I just started getting serious about the foreign markets.

• 5go
    5go
    No, you have to look back at the markets history, Personally Im in a growth(aggressive) mode for the next 10-15 years so I really have to roll with the highs and lows. I just started getting serious about the foreign markets.

I am to in china and japan. Stay out of the DOW.(USA's market)

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I don't care about the housing market because the cost of living will not be going down in my state. Now, as long as I have my 401k and stock options, I'm always going to care about the stock market. Right now, they're low, so there's no way to make some extra money by the click of my mouse!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit