Another 'Letter to the Editor' published.... hoorah!

by AK - Jeff 46 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

They ran it precisely as written [I believe, though I have not checked it word for word].

In Seeker4's original thread he suggested that the Catholic settlements could be used as basis for such a letter;

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/138178/2466684/post.ashx#2466684

Here is the letter I sent. I tell you, cloud nine could not have felt any better. Of course now I must watch out for Jw vigilantes in the area. By now they hate me with great passion locally.

In recent days, as is well reported in this newspaper, the Catholic Church paid out a record $660 Million to compensate victims of sexual abuse.

Not many months back, a lesser known evangelical group, Jehovah's Witnesses, also paid a settlement to 16 unnamed alleged victims of sexual abuse within the religion. The long time alleged coverup of these sins within that church make it, at least in some ways, even more heinous than that of the Catholic Church. Dateline broke the news on television with a program called ' Witness for the Prosecution' in May 2002. That program is still available to doubters via the internet. Several alleged victims of child-rape within the religion exposed the coverup. They were quickly silenced by being excommunicated from the faith. Their only sin was pain and anguish from sins left covered and hidden. The director of a non-religious organization devoted to giving these children [or adults later in life] a voice, Bill Bowen, also a Jehovah Witness at the time, was quickly expelled also. His sin? Protecting the children. His organization, Silentlambs, is prominent in the fight against these horrific attacks and rape of children within religion, particularly within Jehovah's Witnesses, which he is intimately familiar as a long time elder.

Not long ago, Jehovah's Witnesses distributed a major flyer to the public, in which they decried the hypocricy of religions that hide pedophilia within the church. Likely you got that little flyer in your door. In it, they picture a Catholic priest, intimating a disgust with religion of that nature. Interestingly, they are now found to be precisely like the Church they condemn, and have condemned for decades. Yet, among the rank and file of this group, most continue to be unaware of the hypocricy that has ended in hundreds of it's member being expelled and 'shunned'. The sin for which they have been expelled, was a desire to protect others from monsters hiding in the shadows of this religion.

The panoramic depth of this problem has been well documented. It is just a mouse click away on any desktop computer from within the privacy of your own home. Please make yourself aware. Protect your family, some of whom may someday think that they might join one of these insolar groups. While no one wants to imply that all churches have the same level of problem in this regard [there is likely some of it in all of them], the uneducated are always the victims of the pseudo-religious groups that cover up such crime.

By the way, in the case of the Catholic settlements, there was no restriction placed on the compensated victims. In the case of Jehovah's Witnesses, the recipients of the settlements, were 'gagged' to assure they did not write books, or place simple letters in the local papers like this one. In so doing, I hope to be at least a small part of a large voice for those who must remain silent. These isolationist evangelical groups, many of whom believe that God is using them exclusively as the 'TRUTH', are unfortunately covering the sins of it's leaders with the tears of it's children.

I hope others had similar success, as I know others were doing the same. In fact it is still pretty fresh news, if some want to take up the sword with the local rag.

Jeff

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

congratulations jeff. i am trying to get bill bowen on a local radio show that dissucess this sort of thig at times. i hope i have the same success.

• AK - Jeff
  • ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Good job Jeff

nj

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Thanks so much for the article..it's a shame they have their priorities mixed up.

They disfellowship someone for smoking and yet they turn their back when child abuse is going on.

Snoozy..

ps..too bad the WTBTS got smart enough to "Hide" their money by dividing it up into corporations years ago. I guess they knew what was coming .

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Dear Jeff:

I think it is safe to say that many
    Jehovah's Witness will not find this
    to pleasing.

Oh, well!

Your friend,

Richard

• Angry_Kangaroo
    Angry_Kangaroo

Thank you for writing this letter.