Is Your Family Crazy?

by choosing life 26 Replies latest social family

• choosing life
    choosing life

I have been trying to reconnect with my fleshly family for over a year now, since I left the jws. For some reason, I find it extremely difficult. I don't find them to be very giving or caring people. Don't get me wrong, I love them, but something just doesn't click.

My family is pretty crazy at times. They love to talk about each other, in a gossipy kind of way. One sibling won't talk to another and most of the family has been pulled into taking sides. I have tried to stay neutral, but they just won't accept that. I am constantly pressured into taking sides.

There are nieces and nephews that are invoved with hard drugs, stealing and who knows what else! They have been in and out of prison. The parents always bail them out, and so on it goes. The problem is, my witness family uses this to say that the society is right and "worldly" people are all bad.

There was a major crisis last night that I can't give details on because of being a fader (I am beginning to hate that word). I left and havn't talked to any of them since. I think I will just have to pull back some and look elsewhere for companionship. I don't know what happened to the family I knew 30 years ago, before becoming a jw. Sometimes I think I have been tainted by the wall I put up for so many years.

Is anyone else's family just plain crazy?

• beksbks
    beksbks

Yes

• lost_soul
    lost_soul

very much, and I was not even from a JW family, if you can believe that.

i was born the son of a poor sharecropper, just kidding.

my family has issues, my dad died when i was 8, and my basket case mom had a hard time raising us.

it was up to my older sister to help "raise" my mom, and us kids.

i got stories, including my mom getting shot by one of her freeloader druggie boyfriends, she lived, but worst of all not learning from it.

yeah, i could say i have my share of baggage. you don't control who you're given as family...you can only control how much they affect you by keeping your distance.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Times have changed a lot since 30 years ago and people are nowadays very self centred and oriented in a materialistic way. I don't think the JWs are better in this respect they are very similar to the background culture from which they originated. You don't have to rely too much on your family.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

hahahahahahahah yes.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

LOL....YES! Just look at some of my threads!

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Does a bear take a shit in the woods?

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Yes, the crazy runs strong.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Doesn't every family have a loon, or two, they're related to? We have nutburgers in our family

Dismembered

• horrible life
    horrible life

Every one of them. Including me.

My daughter so far, is pretty level headed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit