I need help destroying witness bastards!

by dawg 29 Replies latest social humour

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Dawg,

This always brings a smile to my face.

If we can't trust them to copy a passage of scripture correctly, then how can we trust them on spiritual matters ???

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/130774/1.ashx

• Terry
    Terry

Want to know what your very best rebuttal is? OLDER JW'S still around who were in the organization for at least 30 or 40 years. IF you can find any.

Engineer a calm, non-threatening discussion with them and casually bring up how it "use to be". You'll find some bitterness and genuine honesty about what REALLY happened and not all the "happy talk" that late-comers engage in.

True story...

My former "best friend" who got me into the Kingdom Hall when we were teens has been a JW all his life. He has seen it all!

From time to time he calls me on the phone and we meet for lunch or breakfast and have "discussions".

He told me about an elder in his congregation who was out in service with a group of other JW's when the topic of 1975 came up.

The elder (only in the "Truth" for about 5 years) stated boldly to the group, "The Society NEVER taught that Armageddon was coming in 1975! Only a few of the weaker ones blew it all out of proportion!"

My friend, Johnny, immediately spoke up (quite angry) and said:

"Brother __X__, that isn't true! I was there. I clearly remember the whole thing. The Society went way out on a limb in publications, public talks, circuit servant conversations and a dozen other venues to make certain everybody believed 1975 was going to be Armageddon!"

When the elder protested; Johnny shut him down with:

"Then, why did the Society immediately drop forever any discussion about the importance of the END OF 6,000 years of Human Existence and it's importance--IF THEY WERE CORRECT?"

The Elder shut up and changed the subject!

• Backed away
    Backed away
    What, are "witness bastards", another species or something? Aren't they basically you with a little less information? I'd say when you left you burnt all your bridges. If you fling doctrine or information or words at them now like an AK-47 barrage, all you are going to do is make them dig deeper in to their fox holes.

Dawg, I agree with Gnat on this one.

No disrespect and many of us fully understand your frustration but this approach doesn't work. All your family is guilty of is the same things most religous people are guilty of, believing they are right. Catholics, Mormons, Muslims, Buddists and Hindus etc. wouldn't respond favorable to in their face discussions even if your intentions are to get them out, get them back and wake them up.

As was mentioned, live your life well, bring up information when appropiate to circumstances and stay calm. Know your facts and present them regardless of how they are recieved.

Not to hijack your thread, Why do many hear feel the need for name calling when it comes to the witnesses, namely " Witless, Kingdumb hall, Jehoover and the like. Frankly, we are better than this and outside of a few laughs for the cleverness of it, what good comes from it? Please don't call it therapy.I'm sure we get a fair amount of JW's looking at this site and I bet many are turned off by these terms used to describe their beliefs. I know at one time I would have and I'm sure we would like to help not turn off those parousing this discussion forum. Just my two cents.. Honest time, I was guilty of this early on and decided to stop doing it.

Good luck Dawg with your continued discussions with your family!

John

• dawg
    dawg

Thanks TD for you're imput

Fading Away, thanks for that information... that was incredable! I'll allow a subsitute

Arthur, THat waws one damn great point

Alpha, that was a gemstone....

Now to backedawaym and gnat, lead follow or get the hell out of my way; what kills me everytime I read posts like your's telling me that my plans won't work... guess what? They're already working... many in my family have called me to tell me how proud of me they are, some currently in the org are writing letters of their own. ANd guess what else, the calm nice kissing the backsides of these idiots doesn't work. what does work is the same thing that works with drug addicts... interventions are often times harsh but they work at times. SO next time you want to hollar at the quarterback, rmember that's the reason you're on the bench!

• journey-on
    journey-on

Dawg....you crack me up. I don't know you, but I envision a hot-tempered in-your-face kind of guy that takes no bull off anybody. Everybody can't operate like that. Our blood pressure would be over the top! But you know your family better than anyone, so you have to deal with it your way. Good luck!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I don't want to sound cynical, but I seriously doubt that this approach would make any difference either. You have to remember how Witnesses are indoctrinated to perceive these changes (or blunders). They have been very carefully trained to see these changes as proof that the organization is granted progressive understandings, or "new light" from Jehovah. They actually take pride in receiving these "changes", as they are constantly told that "Jehovah's chariot is on the move". By inference, this suggests that their teachings would also be "on the move" (i.e. wishy-washy).

I tend to agree with this...if they aren't willing to LISTEN then whatever you say. no matter how great it IS....they aren't going to hear you.

But, there IS something to be said on the flip-flops that they have printed as "indisputable truths" when they are trying to convince others that "Jehooovah is refining them"...

that when anything is refined, it gets clearer and clearer, and metals will REFLECT when thoroughly refined. The WTS cannot seem to get one thing right, and they are not being refined...but only making more absurd guesses and predictions to confuse their followers.

• dawg
    dawg

Thank you sunspot for critizing the quaterback...

• jgnat
    jgnat

dawg, from the very first you were promoting the full-frontal attack. That approach comes with it's own risks, some of which you are facing right now.

As I've tried many approaches on my well-loved JW honey these past five years, I think I can speak with some authority on what works and what doesn't.

Shout the TRUTH in the face of a cultist/zealot, he won't hear you. All he sees is the shouting. Whisper the truth in love, he might just take it.

You asked for advice, I gave it.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Can catch more flies with honey rather than with vinegar.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Get your hands on a "Live forever book" from 1985. (I think thats the year) the large book contradicts the smaller edition from the same year, on whether or not the Sodomites will be ressurected.

Kinda funny.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit