Did You EVER Enjoy Going To Meetings Or Out In Service?

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• free2think
    free2think

No and No.

Going on the min was bearable when i was working with a 'friend' but it was still a bind, and i didn't really enjoy it even then.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Welcome, shopaholic

Snowbird

• PEC
    PEC

shopaholic, welcome to JWD.

Never, I hated them both, I think I slept through ever meeting I ever attended. Didn't sleep at the conventions; because, it was always to damn hot. Why would anyone want to subject themselves to this torture?

Philip

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I can say that I don't thinkI ever really looked forward to going to a 2 hour meeting or a 2 hour ride around in the "ministry. I agree. I always saw it as a curse my mother bestowed upon me.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Once I got baptized, the "thrill" never materialized. About the only thing I enjoyed was (1) there was one family at the Hell that I used to like to entertain the kids until the lead hounder put a stop to that, (2) when things went wrong and we wasted a lot of time running around, (3) when the meetings went wrong and got cut short, or (4) when there was a blizzard and the meeting got cancelled for snow. I always hoped for a blizzard.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I never really enjoyed preaching the JW gospel especially once I realised that their society was not what it claimed to be and lacked the essential fraternal love but meetings were enjoyable at times when there were some elders that were capable of giving talks in an interesting and inspired way.

• Superfine Apostate
    Superfine Apostate

hated it. i liked officially going out in service but actually going to drink coffee though.

• bubble
    bubble

I only enjoyed the meetings if we had a really good speaker, and let's face it they are very few and far between in the org.

• justhuman
  • R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I remember meditating during meetings on the widows mite and how a small gift given with love is better than a large one given unwillingly. I often arrived at feeling of unifying my soul with my creator and feeling I wanted to tell others about Him until an elder stood up toward the end of a meeting and said, as he so often frustratingly did,' Well brothers and sisters, anyone who really loves Jehovah is sure to want to come out this afternoon and spend any time they can spare telling others about Him....' or words to that effect. I was always staggered at how his phrasing was filled with emotional blackmail! I often changed my mind after he spoke purely on account of the fact that I felt he had just taken away my free spirit and sorta said,' Right everyone - now prove to everyone you love God.'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit