So non-Euclidian Physicists what do you think of believers in 4 dim space?

by IP_SEC 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

No firestorms please. But be honest. Do you think that we are of a higher level of intelligence than those who accept Euclidian geometry theories?

I only say so - because whenever it comes up that someone dares admit to existence to the higher dimensional space that creates our four dimensional reality he/she is soon trounced upon as if just short of needing rehab at the local mental health centre. Sarcasm, and innuendo begin to flow and ebb, and soon the person just ducks for cover. I don't blame them.

I admit - I believe in hyper-space.

Sorry - no offence intended on either side of this aisle. I just don't see why we feel compelled to attack others, insinuating great lack of mental ability due to acceptance of something you have rejected. Never mind - I don't really want to know. I really do think you who dont understand higher dimensional space are indeed lacking in intelligence.

MattF

• Gopher
    Gopher

This post is obviously an attack on religion. I hated geometry in school.

Um, what was the question again?

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

the only universe I know is made up of 5 dimensions. 3 of space 1 of time and one of what if twilightzone alternatives. This 5th dimension impacts all my views, biases, decisions and gambles and so is as real as any of the others. as to the nature of reality, I have found that the universe I know is my own minds map, not the territory and so may not accurately represent reality in any sense...it may be just my dream...thus my name.

I really want to know more about reality, but I am satisfied understanding the general limitations involved. I do believe we have the ability to sort of back engineer reality from our experiences to a useful degree and thus avoid the absolute confusion of solipsism.

• alphafemale
    alphafemale

I think I am of higher intelligence than most other beings in the multiverse.

Okay then, I'll be honest, I've no idea what you're talking about. I'm only answering your post to try out my new avatar. Do you like it?

Alpha

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Alpha, it is absolutely adorable! I love lupines

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I believe we all need our space from time to time.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Why not believe it. Most human minds can only think 3 dimensions. When you study higher mathematics you get to know that the square root of minus 1 = i (an imaginary number which can be plotted on an imaginary axis. Time itself is a dimension. 4 dimensions or more does not perplex me.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Damn atheists.

Think you're so smart.

Open mind

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

believers in God can be smart too - if they do not close their minds to other possibilities

• John Doe
    John Doe

stilla, I think that applies equally to all people, don't ya think?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit