How Many Entire Families That You Know Of Stayed "In The Truth"?

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Making the children get baptized will always be the problem. If ANYONE, but especially a child, doesn't WANT to be Witness, then----they're only looking for trouble in the long run. They will leave or lead a double life.

• pratt1
    pratt1

Me and a friend took a survey recently about this very same question.

Our survey included anyone under 12 that attended our congo during the years of 1970 and 1980.

We may have missed one or 2 families, but for themost part, we were able to track down almost everyone from that time period.

We stay in contact with at east someone in each of these families, or we are related, or we stay in contact with some on who stays in contact with the family.

Our findings -

Every family that we grew up with us in the "truth" had at least one child who was no longer a dub.

At least 75% of all the young people our age, were DA, DF, or inactive today.

90% of us did not complete college

out of 18 marriages, only 3 were still together

Out of 26 2nd generation children only 4 were baptized and they were at least 16 before they were baptized.

• minimus
    minimus

I hear that one MS that is soooooo far from"elder material", it ain't funny, is being "groomed"to be an elder. He and his wife have had well known marital issues over the years. One son is married o a fellow pioneer and the other one still lives at home, is 30, a 2 hour a month publisher and an infrequent meeting attender.

They are scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

(I'll use initials to explain my JW family)

Dad's side:

My great great grandmother (WC) became a JW in her older years when her kids were grown. She had 3 children. 2 converted. We won't count the one that never converted.

• BC had 2 kids -- active with his wife (CC)
      • MM -- pioneer and husband (JM) in
      • AC -- active but not baptised (20 years old)
    • MT -- Bedridden but still faithful in mind / husband has passed away
      • DT -- In and also wife (MET)
        • DE - In with husband and 3 kids
          • CE--Still a child (no choice)
          • KE--Still a child (no choice)
          • CE--Still a child (no choice)
        • JT -- active with wife -- MT
      • ST in with husband DT
      • AO in with husband CO
        • BB in with husband EB
          • JS in with husband JS
        • TO in with wife MO
          • ME ... OUT!!!

Ok now on to my mom's side.

My grandparents converted when their children were teenagers. (JS and ES) They had 4 kids.

• GC married JC
    • LJ married DJ
      • JJ (still a kid)
    • LP married TP
      • AP (kid)
      • AP (kid)
    • MO with husband TO (DON'T Count them twice!)
      • ME ...OUT!!!

ONE LEFT OUT OF 36 !!!!! (note: one is still active and believes it but hasn't gotten baptised yet at 20 y/o)

• minimus
    minimus

Renee----you're a rebel!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Minimus..Back in the day there were lots..Now,I can`t think of one..The JW Cult is rotting away from the inside...OUTLAW

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

i too only know of one entire family that are still in - whats more they're all in fulltime service and have left a trail of devastation behind them. Mum is 3th generation jw and all her family from way back have been faithful.

• exwitless
    exwitless

I can think of one family. Husband and wife became assimilated when they were in their 20's. They had 3 children, 2 girls and a boy. The boy is now the P.O. of the congregation. He's married and has 2 young kids. One daughter has been a full time pioneer for probably 20 years, and her husband is an elder (no kids). The other daughter stayed single and lives by herself and works full time but I think she is a regular auxiliary pioneer. The original parents are elderly now but still going strong, and the dad remains an elder. They are a nice family. Actually, the P.O. and his wife were friends of ours. Of anyone, they were actually compassionate and caring. But no more, because we DA'd. Too bad.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I know a couple. Parents and children and grand children. Not the sharpest tools in the shed. But happy.

• minimus
    minimus

Ah...."not the sharpest tools in the shed but happy"......That's the secret to staying in. Just don't be too bright.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit