How Many Entire Families That You Know Of Stayed "In The Truth"?

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Most kids that grew up "in the Truth", that I knew of did not stick around. And if they did, they were "in the Truth" in name only. They played both sides and were considered "weak".

Do you know of entire families still in without any defection???

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Hi

If there are they must surely be the exception. That's why everytime someone comes 'into the Truth' it's another family instantly split apart.

Thomas Covenant

• Backed away
    Backed away

Good question M,

I personally couldn't think of any that didn't have a least one who left. I know of couples with one child who still are in but their entire family never was.

John (part of one of those entire families mentioned who left)

• minimus
    minimus

Unless they relax the rules on elder qualifications, no man will be qualifying as an elder because their families will have at least one person that will not excel in the ministry or even go to the meetings.

I also knew of potential elders that weren't appointed because of their wives.

• DJK
    DJK
    Unless they relax the rules on elder qualifications, no man will be qualifying as an elder because their families will have at least one person that will not excel in the ministry or even go to the meetings.

Minimus, I can't tell you how much I needed to hear that. Thank You.

Of at least 80 families I had known from three KHs, only one. A family of four and I don't know if there has been a change in the last 20 years.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Yes, one of my former study conductor's and her entire family, siblings, aunts, uncles, parents...everyone was still in the truth cult. She's only in her 30's. They are originally from Suriname and live in NY/NJ. They've been rolling strong for years now.

I can't help but wonder if more people stay in living so close to the main, international headquarters. That's another thread, though.

• R.F.
    R.F.

I can't say I do.

R.F.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I only know of one, and that could easily be several years out of date. This is the lead hounder of the congregation, the wife, and two children. The last I heard of them (back in 2005), they were all together in the Tower. Incidently, the children were home schooled since they were brainwashed into believing that the school system was inherently wicked and had no real contact with the world. Nor did they keep cable (the father ditched that to cut expenses and thus work, to make room for the field misery). I doubt that any of them have even heard of the Internet beyond the evil place where those horrible apostates lurk.

This is probably the only way to stay in the Tower. You cut off all outside sources, and then claim that the whole world is totally wicked. You make every potential fun situation look like it is totally horrible. And then you cut everything to make room for the misery. Obviously, home schooling works better because you do not have those evil worldly people showing you that the Tower is a scam, nor do you have one of Satan's computer terminals to research apostate Web sites or order Christmas merchandise.

Whether they are happy in the Tower is another matter. While I was in, they seemed dedicated to keeping me trapped in (they sat with me frequently during the a$$emblies, and I invariably felt trapped). Of course, they are going to say that it is the best way of living. But, like any normal children, I bet they wish they had normal schooling (even though they outwardly wanted home schooling). And I bet they wish they could have real music, cable TV, Internet (apostate Web sites and all), Christmas, and that they could date and go to real places like bars or discos as they pleased. But they will not say it for fear that they could get disfellowshipped from all they know--The Tower.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I know of one family where none of the children defected. The children are now adults in their late 30's and early 40's and none are married. Two still live at home with their mother, the father just passed away last year - he was an elder.

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

That's why the CO had my husband deleted....our children were not baptized and not showing much interest in excelling in the ministry. The previous CO was not attentive to this situation and did nothing.

And it wasn't right for us to make them get baptized just so he could stay an elder, as many husbands and wives do to aspire to "eldership."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit