Mary Lou and Joyce shunned me - so I shunned them back.

by AK - Jeff 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Dear Jeff:

The ignorance is just so profound with these
    people. Can you blame people who allow them-
    selves to be so throughly brainwashed?

As in our private telephone conversations,
    I have mentioned seeing these people quite
    often and the narrow-mindedness is a staple
    in that organization.

Stupid is as stupid does I guess.

Your friend,

Richard

• Backed away
    Backed away

I certainly understand Jeff,

In my 10 plus years away from the witnesses, any incidental contact with the "nose in the air crowd" get a hug and kiss them on the cheek.( The look of horror as they skwerm is priceless)

Kinda like you being yourself in the coffee shop and still having a good time. I think the witnesses, like my family members who are still in , expect us to tear our clothes and start wailing away when we are shunned. Sorry, I won't have any part in returning that kind of treatment to anyone, it isn't who I am.

John

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Your sister said: "Me and Xxxxxx are raising our children as witnesses, just as he and I was." As they say, reading the Awake is as good as a college education.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

When I was a JW, if a former member tried to force their conversation on me I thought one of two things:

1. They desired my association.
    2. They were being jerks.

Now I'm no longer a JW. I don't desire any conversation with them. We have nothing whatsoever in common. I don't see that there's anything to talk about. If they want to talk they can come to me. I won't shun them as long as they're civil.

W

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Ak-Jeff..When I first left,dubs would come up to me and try to have a conversation..They really had nothing to say and neither did I..I just tried to be polite.....Fast foreward 20yrs..I see a guy in the parking lot,a friend of the family..We walk by each other not a word is said..Perfect!!..I hate trying to be nice,to people I don`t like.....I don`t mind some dubs,others I have no use for...OUTLAW

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I would respond that ''when you wake up, and realize how gullible you were, you are always welcome at my home. When you wake up, I will be there for you. Until then, your children are being deprived of their aunt, and when they find out the real reason, they will only disrespect you when they grow up and see the truth for what it is. You will regret shunning your sister. I am not saying this in anger, just in sadness for you. I hope the society makes you happy. You will be one of the very few that it does.''

signed, your sis.

I thought about it for a long time before I responded back. When I did, this is what I sent:

Dear Xxxx, I think my approach was disrespectful. While caring for you deeply and acting out of concern for you, I was approaching it from a point of absolutely NO respect for your decision. I respect the fact that you made an informed choice. May I still send you pictures of the kids from time to time? I have some great ones
    ~lisa~
    Oh and I sent this picture with the email. alt lisa she wrote back and said occasional pictures of my grandkids would be alright.
  • Mum
    Mum

That was a very kind, gracious and classy reply, lisa.

Your sister doesn't know how lucky she is to have you to turn to if she ever sees the light.

Regards,

SandraC

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Jeff,

I made sure they heard us laughing and in happy conversation, while they sat sadly in the corner and hoped that soon Armageddon would kill me so they could watch the local carion pick out my eyes. How dare I enjoy life? It saddened me to see these friends look so sullen and serious and without a smile. I can't imagine this is what God intended for humans.

I had a similar experience over the past week or so and yes, I thought the same, they look so miserable! Come to think of it, whenever i see a dub these days they're looking so miserable. reminds me of pictures of Cambodians in the time of Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge. All the faces seem so sad and bear that 'vacant' look.

Another totalitarian regime, the WTS, also has its slaves, just like the Khmer Rouge and just like the Khmer Rouge they never seem to be happy.

Of course, christians would say that they lack joy.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/138083/1.ashx

Cheers, Ozzie

Freedom means never having to wear a tie.

• dobbie
    dobbie

I'm glad you looked so happy in front of them, and there's nothing wrong in not speaking to them if you don't want. I decided to treat them how i get treated although thats not my personality, because why speak to people everyday when they ignore you back? They only speak when it suits their purpose, i was meant to help out at my sons school today but one of them was there with me and she has ignored me daily for about 9 months now, but today it was as if things were normal she spoke civilly, so i returned it, but i think its a lot of hypocrisy to speak to you one minute when it suits them and then ignore you for the rest of your days! Yet i had to sit next to my bro and sis in law for 20 mins at parents evening the other day and they completely blanked me, even when the other jws weren't there. So from now on thats what theyre gonna get, if they ignore me they get it back if they deign to speak i will answer. But they'd better not ask anymore favors! They really hate it when they see you getting on with your life and enjoying it don't they, they seem to expect you either to spiral into 'moral decay (i wish!LOL) or to be totally moserable, so even on the days i am feeling bad i don't show them that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit