Mary Lou and Joyce shunned me - so I shunned them back.

by AK - Jeff 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I used to carry a 'no shunning' policy. I would not tolerate those who acted toward me like they did not know me after 30 years as a Jw. I would force them to speak - or embarrass the living hell out of them if they didn't. But maybe I just don't care anymore about that.

These two self righteous sista's came into the coffee bar yesterday. Mary Lou, wife of self righteous Pharisee Bruce, looked at me, then turned up her nose and walked on. I don't think her mother ever saw me. I was sitting with a friend who said 'are they Jehovah's'? I came close to saying that I am sure that Jehovah God would have no idea who they are, but just nodded. We continued our conversation, and when I left I made it a point to 'shun' them in return. I made sure they heard us laughing and in happy conversation, while they sat sadly in the corner and hoped that soon Armageddon would kill me so they could watch the local carion pick out my eyes. How dare I enjoy life?

It saddened me to see these friends look so sullen and serious and without a smile. I can't imagine this is what God intended for humans.

I'm not stating that my no shunning policy is now defunct. In the case of Pharisee encounters, I likely will continue the policy, since I like them to show their asses in public. But the mislead are just that, Worthy of pity.

Jeff

• freedomloverr
    freedomloverr

***But the mislead are just that, Worthy of pity.***

very true Jeff.

it's a surreal moment when people you've known 10,20,30 years act like you aren't even in the room. so strange.

• blondie
    blondie

It would have been interesting if you had gone up with your non-jw friend and said hi and asked how they were doing physically. jws also have aches and pains to talk about at the KH.

I have to admit there is one jw woman that has shunned me when I was actively "serving" as an elder's wife. I avoid her now like the plague unless she is with someone else, then I say hi. No point in shunning the innocent.

Blondie

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

They really don't like it when they see you enjoying life. To them after a person doesn't profess to be a JW anymore, life is supposed to be the most miserable thing ever for them because the have left "Jehovah".

• sparrow
    sparrow

I was shunned at my mum's (mom for you americans) sisters's funeral not long after I was discoed. I wasn't asking for big hugs, nothing has changed type gear but for god sake - someone is dead - show some decency. First time I felt defiant to be honest. I wasn't close to my aunt, I was there for my mother.

It gives me great comfort to know 99% of the people at the funeral don't have anything to do with her now and me - the DF'd son - is still her favourite (yes she still goes but married a non-jw)

• emptywords
    emptywords

why be so in awe at their shunning, this is the mind set of this cult...when shunned show love, that will shame them into looking at themselves without the law of the cult.

ignore the shun and give an embrace...one way or the other, they will either be repulsed or ashamed, you neve lose if you show love. Thats their loss not youres.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I have from time to time sent my sister emails, mostly just pictures of my children and grandchildren. I found a news article on JW's and depression and sent it to her this is her reply.

This is exactly the reason I blocked you on my My Space. If you need someone to blame for your life not turning out the way you wished, fine, but I don't need to blame anyone for anything. I am VERY happy to be one of Jehovah' faithful witnesses', and very proud to be serving him. Each person has to make his own choice in life. I have made my own, very informed choice. Me and Xxxxxx are raising our children as witnesses, just as he and I was. When they become adults, they will make there own decision as to if they want to serve him or not. You have made your own choice. Great, I am glad you found something in your life that makes you happy. I would appreciate you not sending me any more of your apostate garbage. I would also appreciate you not contacting me or my children any more. Thank you in advance, XXXX XXXXX
    yes, signed first and last name. lisa
  • anewme
    anewme

Ive had a few occasions where I ran into witnesses I knew. I think my reaction kind of depends on them to a great degree. If they are snotty or glaring at me with self righteous cult induced hatred, I have just ignored them. When they sneak a small wave or smile a nostalgic smile, I have smiled back in acknowledgment.
    But I never invest much emotion into the whole thing one way or another anymore. I no longer miss their association. Theirs are faces from the past that have no meaning in my present life.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

lisavegas420

When her children make their own choice......if one should not choose to be a witness I wonder if they will get a Dear John letter as you got.

purps

• eclipse
    eclipse

((((lisa))))

that was really cold of your sister...

If my sister sent me that, I would let her have it with both barrels, sorry that's not very apostate of me, I was thinking more like a JW..

I would respond that ''when you wake up, and realize how gullible you were, you are always welcome at my home. When you wake up, I will be there for you. Until then, your children are being deprived of their aunt, and when they find out the real reason, they will only disrespect you when they grow up and see the truth for what it is. You will regret shunning your sister. I am not saying this in anger, just in sadness for you. I hope the society makes you happy. You will be one of the very few that it does.''

signed, your sis.

That's what I would write, what you would write will be very different, since I don't know your sis...I only know mine...

Sorry you are going through this

-eclipse

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit