Aztecs had Truth?

by skeeter1 15 Replies latest jw friends

• wednesday
    wednesday

hi I started a thread regarding 2012. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/137577/1.ashx

I was reading some posts here and wondered if you had any further thoughts about the year 2012.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

My relative said,"Aztecs". He must have been confused and meant Mayans.

What's strange is this relative cuts down religions (like most JWs), but is now applauding the Mayans. This is strange as the Mayans were very far from "Jehovah's people" as can be shown by their actions. How could Jehovah have given the Mayans such insight, when the Mayans were so bad?

Skeeter

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

How could Jehovah have given the Mayans such insight, when the Mayans were so bad?

If you read the old testement the Israelites were pretty bad also plundering and rapping.

And then the God of the old testement destroyed everybody except Noah and family.

They were all a bunch of scoundrells.

• zagor
    zagor

I'm not surprised individual dubs have such beliefs after all father Russell introduced such way of "arriving at the truth" by analyzing Egyptian pyramids. What I'm more interested in is the fact that similar stories have been unofficially promulgated throughout jw community for years, admittedly among friends only (yeah right), and there was never official word from Crooklyn. Looks like it doesn't matter what individual dubs believe as long as they are obedient to wtbs rules. Likewise it doesn't matter what is used to round up people and keep them on their toes as long as they are on their toes.

• seesthesky
    seesthesky

"If you read the old testement the Israelites were pretty bad also plundering and rapping."

Was is "Gangsta" rap?

• sinis
    sinis

Its both - Mayan and Aztec. When the Aztecs invaded what is now the area of Mexico City they took and adopted most of what the previous cultures had already established.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit