Alot of deaths mentioned lately....

by R.F. 10 Replies latest jw friends

• R.F.
    R.F.

So i've noticed that alot of deaths have been mentioned here in the boards lately. I too have lost someone close about a month and a half ago. I have been registered here for only 2 months. I lurked every now and then before that but hadn't noticed deaths mentioned at this rate, unless I must missed it.

Have losses to death been mentioned so much in the past as recently? How does it impact you as a regular JWD user?

• Gopher
    Gopher

We have more members than ever before, so there will be more events of every kind, sad and happy. We've even seen members with weddings and honeymoons recently.

When tragedy strikes, it affects the regular posters here who have come to know the humor and intelligence of the people involved. But I think this board can be a good outlet when one of its members experiences tragedy, like when Zanex lost his dad in the last day or so. He came on here and poured out his heart, and he received incredible support. I think this can be very therapeutic, and we help each other cope.

• Illyrian
    Illyrian
    So i've noticed that alot of deaths have been mentioned here in the boards lately. I too have lost someone close about a month and a half ago. I have been registered here for only 2 months. I lurked every now and then before that but hadn't noticed deaths mentioned at this rate, unless I must missed it.

I've been through a similar traumatic experience just recently that made me question a lot of that.... But as you've said there are already too many stories around so I do not want to make this board any more depressing than it is.

• Illyrian
    Illyrian

How does that affect you personally?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Death and taxes those are the main events in this dimension.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I think it is a reality check for all of us. There is no guarantees in this world. You had better live without should have, could have, would have.

Leslie

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym
    I think it is a reality check for all of us.

My thoughts exactly.

• R.F.
    R.F.
    How does that affect you personally?

I is a very sad thing to see so many here losing ones they love deeply. If I didn't have the right perspective I think it could really get me down. However since I lost someone recently, it only gives me much impetus to be there for others that experience it.

• eclipse
    eclipse

((((illyrian & R.F.)))))

• orbison11
    orbison11

i lost a good friend/client of mine last month, she was only 56,,,had all going for her,,,,was to retire in 2 yrs

in jan she found out she had terminal cancer,,,,:( they gave her 4 months, she 'took' 4.5 months

so very sad

wendy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit