SEMINAR ON BIBLICAL GREEK Taught by Dr. Firpo Carr

by VM44 62 Replies latest jw friends

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

well...actually it's a minimum of 2000.00; and 20 people.

I don't live my life right.

Dungbeetle...so much dung, so little time...

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Sounds like he's only fleecing the JW flock though. Who else would part with $100 of their hard-earned in order to listen to some guy wax lyrical about the NWT, teach you the Greek alphabet, teach you a handful of Greek words and deliver a lecture on the WBTS' pet theory about the "name of God"??

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Come on geeks,

Are YOU jealous because Firpo Carr is a little smarter than YOU?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Fredhall

Firpo is smarter than most jws. He's going to fleece them by telling them what they want to hear. He's sucking them in. These guys here, on the other hand have seen through him. So then, who is really smarter?

S

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

1. If Carr loves the JW works, why doesn't he take on the real scholars?
    2. Even the KIT disputes the NWT in it's text!

Rex

• RR
    RR

Tina

And where did he get his credentials again?

Probably the same place Walter Martin got his from the back of a cereal box

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

>Probably the same place Walter Martin got his from the back of a cereal box

Who wrote the definitive book on cults, exposing your hero and his subsequent cronies for their heresies. Those who teach the flock will suffer greater punishment than those they lead to the pit.
    Ron Rhodes, Jeff Schwenn and Hank Hannegraf continue the tradition in fine fashion and you are stuck with a man who died in 1916, disgraced and discredited.
    Rex

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

When reading Jason BeDuhn's fulsome praise of JW translations, be be aware that the Society DONATED the books for his class. Have you ever heard any teacher give anything but praise to publishers who give textbooks for a whole college class? Of course he said niceyface things that looked good when blurbed on what amounts to an advert... mutual backscratching is part of the whole incestuous academic bullshit experience.

In this as in all things, CAVEAT EMPTOR and remember, if you keep your mind open enough, your ability to reason will fall out on the pavement to mingle with the gum & dogshit.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Ahhhh! Thanks Mommy D - from reading DeBuhn's praise-filled piece on the NWT, I realised he must have an agenda. Even if he were not a Dub, he could still be a liberal theologian trying to weaken the traditional Christian interpretation of the Bible - by lauding a Bible translation roundly condemned by the mainstream, he could be tryiing to simply make the mainstream look bad. Your take on it adds a little more to the mix.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

REX B13- What real scholars?

Saint Satan- It seems that he is smarter than you. Of course anyone smarter than you when he or she is serving Jehovah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit