Do any of you know about the iphone?

by misanthropic 20 Replies latest jw friends

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    if they come up with some hacks where you can access high speed wireless w/o using minutes to web browse, i'll buy one. not sure if that's possible or what that would take.

I'm sure it won't be long before someone figures that out.
    Thank You Poppers for the link- I'm going to read it over now.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

This was on that site from poppers...

Apple's iPhone is like a hot date: beautiful, engaging and fun.

Well I'm just goinna to have to go see it- lets see if it's seductive enough to make me want to take it home.
    ;-)

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Well I went ahead and got the one with 8 GB. It's a really cool gadget, I'm posting from it now. At first I was pretty dissappointed at how small the screen was when you're online. But then I realized if you turn the phone sideways it makes the screen easier to read. I know there's a way to zoom because I did it on accident a couple of times but I couldn't make it happen on purpose. So far I'd have to say it's really cool :-)
    Oh yeah and Juni- I somehow didn't see your comment before. Thanks I hope you have a wonderful 4th also!

• Spectre
    Spectre

*Jealous*

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I know if you drop it, you're going to have iFloor.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

FRIGGIN JEALOUS NOW

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Got my hands on a relatives the day after it came out.

Great piece of hardware, but the novelty wore off pretty quickly......I may be saying that because I don't have one for myself..........

The phone feature works like any other phone. With a couple of touches on the keyboard you can make a call to anyone in it's contact list. Has built in intuitive calender, and calculator. Have to hold the camera pretty still to get a decent picture but it's picture capabilities were adequate in a pinch.

It's netsurfing capabilities is part of the price you pay monthly. Unlimited netsurfing is included but you're only surfing on ATT's edge network and it is a dog slow 56K. Who surfs at that speed anymore? Once I got it to recognize my home wi-fi network it was like surfing on any computer connected to a broadband service. Sweet!!!! The page auto-changes from portrait to landscape mode if you turn the phone 90 degrees. This is especially useful for when you're trying to type in a URL to a page as in portrait mode, they keys are pretty small and the hamfisted will be constantly making adjustments. To enlarge a page on the screen, you just put your thumb and pointer finger together on the screen and spread them out. This makes it easier to read, scroll left right up or down to a particular point on the screen and tap on the screen to go to a hot link.

On the screen were hotlinks to google maps, weather and SMS. Also had a shortcut to you-tube where I downloaded a music video and watched it and listned to the sound from the built in speakers. Has an "airplane" switch you can use to turn off it's phone and wi-fi capabilities in one place and still use it's other features.....very thoughtful.

Didn't test any IPOD features as he didn't have any music on it but with 8 gigs of storage, it was more than adequate for boatload of music and an occasional viewable program. Would be very nice on a long trip where you can use it as a ipod plugged into and auxilary input of a car stereo and never listen to the same song twice.

The phone can be set up for all the major mail services...gmail, yahoo, and a couple of others I can't remember right now. It also has support for IMAP, POP3, and surprisingly, even exchange, though you have to have IMAP enabled on the exchange server.

I'm sure there were a few other features I've forgot to mention. All in all, it's a pretty desirable gadget for those who just have to have the bragging rights to being the first on the block with one.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    It's netsurfing capabilities is part of the price you pay monthly. Unlimited netsurfing is included but you're only surfing on ATT's edge network and it is a dog slow 56K. Who surfs at that speed anymore? Once I got it to recognize my home wi-fi network it was like surfing on any computer connected to a broadband service. Sweet!!!!

I haven't hooked mine up to my wi-fi yet but I haven't noticed it being too slow on the net yet. I'll have to figure out that today.
    It seems like you have had more time to check it out than I have so far.
    One thing iI really thought was cool is when you are online you can flip the phone any direction and the screen automatically changes to be viewed from that angle. So much easier to use sideways IMO anyway.
    I'm sure 6 months to a year from now they will have something with double the GB for 1/3 less of the price but thats what happens with everything- especially everytime you buy a computer.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    I know if you drop it, you're going to have iFloor.

That would be bad, thank goodness for protective cases.

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070701/wr_nm/iphone_dc

According to the above article I saw this morning, people are smashing them open to find out what makes them tick. Oh, and apparently AT&T, the service provider, is having lots of issues connecting people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit