Do any of you know about the iphone?

by misanthropic 20 Replies latest jw friends

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I'm planning on getting one today, they have some in stock at the AT&T store near here
    but I wanted to know if anyone has one already and if you can tell me what your experience has been so far- short as it may be.
    Are there any major cons that outweigh the pro's of getting one?
    I tried to check online if there was any information on any negatives of the iphone but I couldn't find anything.
    Any input anyone might have would be appreciated.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i couldn't afford one if i wanted one BUT, as with all new technology i'd wait awhile before getting one so that all the bugs can be worked out and the price goes down. i foresee a xmas special on those new iphones that will probably save people 200 bux or more. another year and they'll probably be free with the cell phone service contract.

• juni
    juni

I couldn't afford one either mis, but I just saw an ad for it in a magazine. If it doesn't cook meals, do laundry and pick up dog poop I don't need it. LOL

Have a great 4th of July!

Juni

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    i foresee a xmas special on those new iphones that will probably save people 200 bux or more. another year and they'll probably be free with the cell phone service contract.

No doubt that will be the case, I just need to replace my phone anyway. It's worth the money I could save on the phone later to not have to buy out of a contact at a later date. I learned a lesson when I broke a contract before and had to pay several hundred dollars for nothing.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

they look like a fun phone.. let us know how you like it. i'd be surfin da web all the time LOL

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

Hi little Miss,

I have a copy of "Best" magazine sitting in front of me. I have no details on the I-phone other than they think it is too expensive, does not offer live i-tunes connectivity, and does not do live TV. How important those things are to you, I can't say.

I gather that it is a very nice piece of gear though as are all of the i-products.

If you aren't dead set on an i-phone, they list their favorite competing products as:

Nokia 5300 XpressMusic, T-Mobile, $99

LG Fusic (being replaced by Fusic II), Sprint, $99

Motorola ROKR Z6m, Verizon, $?

Samsung UpStage m620, Sprint, $149

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I have heard that there are so many people trying to activate them right now that it is causing a great latency in the activation process.

• poppers
    poppers

Here is an article I read this morning from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - you'll have to cut and paste to your address bar:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=626714

• monophonic
    monophonic

played a bit with a friend's iphone last night.

some great features, if they come up with some hacks where you can access high speed wireless w/o using minutes to web browse, i'll buy one. not sure if that's possible or what that would take.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    I have a copy of "Best" magazine sitting in front of me.I have no details on the I-phone other than they think it is too expensive, does not offer live i-tunes connectivity, and does not do live TV. How important those things are to you, I can't say.

Thanks Little Drummer Boy- I was on the Apple site and didn't notice it didn't have i tunes connectivity. I thought I had a Wireless magazine around here somewhere that had some info, but of course now I can't find it anywhere...

I have heard that there are so many people trying to activate them right now that it is causing a great latency in the activation process.

I've heard that it can only be activated through an AT&T plan which I already have so I'll just be switching the actual phone. I don't know if that makes a difference or not but I'll ask about all of this when I go in. Thank you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit