Let the stones cry out!

by WTWizard 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

How often have you heard the phrase "If we don't preach, the stones would cry out"? This is in regard to the ministry.

What I cannot figure out is (1) This is so urgent that we have to be out 18+ hours a day doing it, (2) We have to endure all sorts of conditions to accomplish our ministry, and (3) We are supposed to get it perfect so people can be drawn in. So, why don't the stones get to help us out? After all, stones can be out there 24 hours a day, they don't get cold or hot, they don't need coffee breaks, they don't have to stop for other needs, and they can't be hurt by a dog. So, it would make sense if it's that urgent that Jehovah would have the stones cry out in addition to having people out in the ministry.

Also, why aren't the angels out there in the ministry? They are supposedly guiding the humans that are stuck doing all the dirty work. It would make sense to me that the angels can get this super-urgent work done in a matter of a few hours, not allowing another crop of children to reach borderline accountability status and have to start the work from scratch. And they never need breaks, they don't get hot or cold, they can work 24 hours a day without a break, they don't *^$& up, and they are not subject to the limitations that humans are of only communicating with one person or group at a time. This comes across to me as cruel of Jehovah to have people, who have better things to do and need breaks for other needs, doing a work that the angels can do so much more efficiently and with much less hardship.

Finally, WHY IS JEHOVAH NOT LIFTING A DAMN FINGER TO HELP US ACCOMPLISH THE MINISTRY? All He is doing is sitting up there like a dope watching us not doing enough. It's His project after all, and He should be able to get the work done in one step without any hardship to Himself. It seems that all He does is hounds. This makes no sense, since there is no way humans with better things to do and that are facing hardship as a result of the ministry can keep up with children just coming into the age of accountability. I think I will stick with worshiping the sun.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

A rock makes more sense,than any Pro-JW I`ve ever met..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If the stones would cry out when no people do the preaching, then that would be more supernatural.
    That would mean that people would take the stones more seriously than a bunch of people with
    a publishing company's literature waking them on weekends. You don't hear stones declaring anything
    very often. That would make the news and philosophers and scientists would study the stones.
    The good news would be talked about worldwide by everyone. What a great success that would be
    compared to goofy folks bumbling through a goofy presentation of what might just be another
    goofy religion.

If you haven't been struck by lightning because of your initial post, good job.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I'll second what OTWO said.

I admire anyone who calls Jehovah a slacker. LOL!

Easy! I kid Jehovah!

• XJWNB
    XJWNB

You said;

Why is Jehovah not lifting a Damn finger to help us accomplish the ministry? Maybe, God didn't want you to do that type of work in the first place. God wanted you to enjoy life, not waste it.

• Sheepish
    Sheepish

Maybe the point wasn't that the rocks would speak, but an idiom that tries to convey that this is such monumental news that you couldn't keep it in...I mean rather than the dry, formal, fulfilling-a-dreaded-duty-manner the witnesses spew. Speaking of which, what they were supposed to share was not the organization, but the good news that through Jesus your sins are forgiven! When has a JW come to your door with THAT info?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

It's every bit as urgent as it was in 1932.

• parakeet
    parakeet

I would listen respectfully to anything a stone might have to say. They make more sense than anything a JW has to say. At the very least. stones know when to shut up.

parakeet (of the stones-are-smarter-than-JWs class)

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

I listen to The Rolling Stones all the time!

Pope

• knock knock
    knock knock

Yes, the Stones have a new DVD out too. I think it was way, way back that Keith Richard/s said in an interview that if he wasn't on the road all the time he might even become one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Something like that. Wouldn't the GB just love that one!

Maybe the jws are in fact the anti-typical stones so in that way the stones are indeed crying out?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit