Transcript from DC audio: "The Superiority of Being Taught By Jehovah"

by LiveLife 27 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
    I quit!

They have been teaching this crap forever. All I can say is that if you are a Jehovah's Witness the next time you need to go to the doctor or need a pair of glasses be thankful that someone had the sense not to listen to thes wise men.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I received a Bachelor in Science in Kinesiology, which is the study of human movement, and that took four years.

Okay. Now, what challenges were you faced with even after you received your Bachelors degree.

TF: Well, the challenge was that my degree wasn't ... didn't qualify me for anything real specific, I wasn't able to go get a ... a real job. So, in order to be more specific within my field I needed more schooling, which I wasn't willing to do from a time standpoint, but also financially because it was getting very expensive.

Okay. Well, something I want to know as well, sister Fuentes—as all of us here would, too—would you say that University life had its pitfalls?

TF: Yes, it did. I worked and studied five days a week, and on the weekends we partied. I lived in a apartment complex that was all College students, and many times there would be entire apartment complex parties on the weekends ... um, which consisted of lots of alcohol, binge drinking, kegs of beer, music coming from many different places, that would be by the swimming pool which was right below my apartment. And then during the week on campus you'd be invited to different parties, also. So, if there wasn't a party to go to then there was Aggieville, which was the local bar scene, and it was at one of those bars that I met this very handsome football player that everyone knew.

Well, sister Fuentes certainly has proven that higher education does not make one any smarter. She managed to go through 4 years of college without learning any critical thinking skills..............................

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    TF: Yes, it did. I worked and studied five days a week, and on the weekends we partied. I lived in a apartment complex that was all College students, and many times there would be entire apartment complex parties on the weekends ... um, which consisted of lots of alcohol, binge drinking, kegs of beer, music coming from many different places, that would be by the swimming pool which was right below my apartment. And then during the week on campus you'd be invited to different parties, also. So, if there wasn't a party to go to then there was Aggieville, which was the local bar scene, and it was at one of those bars that I met this very handsome football player that everyone knew.

I'm still waiting to hear the bad part.

• Forscher
    Forscher

I agree that it is not hard to find the flaws in that talk.

Obviously they looked around and found folks who didn't make the right decisions when they selected their majors and ended up dissatisfied. The one who studied kinesiology studied in a very specialized field which generally requires a masters or doctors degree before one is employable. That sort of thing is why most states require one to follow a broad-based core curriculum in the first two years for any degree now. Such a broad base can enable one who cannot work in their major area for whatever reason to transition to find reasonable work in other areas, if not quite as well paid.

I had a professor who tried to get me to major in English of all things. She gave me a book, what can I do with an English major which went over all the things a person with a major in English could do for a living, many of which paid more than a college professor could expect to get. It was amazing! And what is more, some of those things anybody with about the twenty quarter hours of English courses my state's core curriculum required at the time can do.

In my case, I took a major that is considered somewhat specialized. However, the institution I did most of my senior level work at required most of those in my major to do enough work in the courses required of the parent discipline of the department that I am qualified for any job which a person with that other major is qualified to do. So I am not really all that limited in the jobs I can apply for. Added top that, if my health were better, I could be working in a job within my major within the week if I wanted to.

That is how how good the job market is for my major right now.

It is just amazing the level of dishonesty to which the WTBTS is willing to sink to keep their flock in ignorance and under control.

Forscher

• Forscher
    Forscher

Oh. Another comment,

While I did my senior work at the institution out of town I did most of my work in, I met a man who was the presiding overseer of a Witness congregation in that city who was seeking an education degree. He, obviously, was having no problem with folks about his pursuit of a higher education.

Forscher

• Borgia
    Borgia

I noticed some mistakes in conjugation: we was; you was....

I can see how his education of, say up until 12th grade, has helped him to develop a clear sense of speech...

And I do not even want to go into his ability to think logically........How pretty a waste.....The Wt is getter better by the day....

Smiles and cheers

Borgia

• LiveLife
    LiveLife

Yes, Borgia. And thanks for raising the point. I would like to make very clear that the grammatical errors are taken directly from the talk itself. I did not correct a single thing the poor uneducated brother Prince said.

• loosie
    loosie
    put the kingdom first—he says, "I will add everything else to you."

I'm still waiting for everything to be added to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit