Adam & Eve question???

by tan 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I was discussing this with someone over the weekend. Women and men have the same amount of ribs, but there is a suggestion that what God actually took from Adam to create Eve was his penis bone (baculum). This actually makes sense, as most mammals still have one. I believe also there is no word in Ancient Hebrew for 'Penis'

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Hello Miss Midwich, I see that you found the thread (beat me to it)

I Googled "Baculum" (much safer that typing "penis bone" into Google - fine for a girl, but not good for a man!)...

Wiki showed this...

Biblical note

In the Bible'sBook of Genesis, Adam's rib is removed to create Eve. Biblical Hebrew does not have a word for penis. Some (Gilbert and Zevit 2001) have suggested this story is an explanatory myth to explain the absence of a baculum in the male human, rather than a missing rib (in light of the fact that men and women have the same number of ribs).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baculum

They are sort of riblike...

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

AlphaOmega - I'm shocked, you showing me dirty pictures

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Shocked !

I guess to a lady of 106 that the pictures would be shocking!

As to "dirty pictures", I agree that the bones are a bit tainted but nothing that a bit of Jif wouldn't take care of.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Because the story implies that men are superior to women.

1. Men came first.
    2. Women owe their existence to men
    3. Man gave birth to woman.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Because the story implies that men are superior to women.

1. Men came first.

I make NO comment - I do not wish to drag this thread any lower that it has already descended to.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Wash your mouth out - lol. Actually, the same thought went through my mind

IP_SEC - so the 'story' actually supports with the Bible (if you get what I mean) ?

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Wash your mouth out - lol. Actually, the same thought went through my mind

IP_SEC - so the 'story' actually supports with the Bible (if you get what I mean) ?

Either way, it lends support to the Bible - either as an attempt to explain the absence of the bone or as evidence for the story to be literally true. Mouth is washed out with soap and water.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit