WELCOME BLINDBUTNOWISEE !

by juni 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Welcome to JWD.

• mkasal84
    mkasal84

I grew up in the "truth". I was always told that this was the truth, the light, or what have you. I got sick of it being shoved down my throat everytime I wanted to hang out with someone that was a "bad influence". So I moved to Illinois where my father lived, he left my mom years ago when she got lost in translation. Even still 2000 miles away this guilt overtook me and I started oging to meeting there. Eventually I moved back with my mother and after I had grown boobs, everyone treated me differently. The was nothing that I could wear without someone commenting on how im just "showing off my body." Its amzing to me, at 15 years old, that everyone was so concentrated on me and every little thing that i did wrong. One kid from the hall went to a different school than me but we would meet up with eachother secretly to hang out. We got caught so many times and everyone felt sorry for him because "Jezebelle" got to him, thats what my mom used to call me as a joke because of how judgmental they are. I was baptized when I was 15, I still to this day only did it to prove that God is no where in that religion. THey ask you all these questions and see if you truley know the religion before letting you get baptized right? I lied through my teeth when they asked me if I was committing fornication with my boyfriend, I'd smoke pot on occasion, I wasn't a "good standing wittness", so after they prayed about it, they said they feel the "holy spirit" telling them that it was right, they were going to let me get baptized. But evening during one of my quiz nights with all the questions, the elder that was asking them, fell asleep, like 4 times. This religion is the biggest load of bullshit I've ever experienced in my life. Im DF'd and if I never go back, it will be too soon.

Thanks for reading,

Mary,fl

• Brigid
    Brigid

Mary,

Thanks for sharing your story and welcome!

And welcome to BlindbutnowIsee!

Yaaay, new kids!!! Wanna sit with me at lunch, play with me at recess? Let's go grab the swings!!

Love,

~B.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Glad to have you with us blindbutnowisee.

And welcome too, to Mary. Thanks for sharing your story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit