An Elder Just Knocked on My Door

by DoodleBearRae 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• DoodleBearRae
    DoodleBearRae

I didn't bother to answer. It's probably because I told my ex last week that I will personally sue the individual elders if they meet with my daughter again to counsel her without my parental consent. We have joint custody and that means they need joint parental consent to counsel a minor.

I am filing for sole custody of our 12 year old daughter and will be serving him with the legal paperwork next week. I am sure it will serve as my DA letter - LOL. In it I state the fact that I am not a Jehovah's Witness.

It baffles me to see how they can't just live and let live.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Strength to you on this. I am glad you are able to move forward with your life.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Hi DoodleBeaRae

It baffles me to see how they can't just live and let live.

They can't afford to do that. If you da, you will have to be shunned so
    that the jws in your hall can't speak to you and find out why, and the
    elders can then make up their own version of why you've gone. It's
    standatd procedure with those who defy their authority.

The legal threat will have intimidated them as well. They will most
    likely feel the need to counsel you regarding the inadvisibility of
    taking brothers to court.

Good luck with your custody application.

dedpoet

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

You go!

I'm sure you don't need ME to tell you that getting your daughter out and keeping her out is the best thing you can do for her.

Roller

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

good for you! Don't let them harass a little girl like that, in fact, go ahead and have a lawyer send a letter to the individual elders telling them they can't meet with her without BOTH parents attending the meeting. That ought to stop any meetings at all with your daughter.

• Mum
    Mum

Good for you, Rae! I wish I had had your courage when my daughter was young. Your daughter will remember who protected her and who didn't. All the best in your custody hearing.

Regards,

SandraC

• monophonic
    monophonic

so, you're inactive and were baptized and they counseled your 12 year old daughter w/o even offering for you to be there?

i think, i hope, that even goes against society rules.

did you send the letter yet? i wouldn't. i'd go to a lawyer first, you may have a case and you may want to pretend that you're still 'in' the org., but have had difficulties. any correspondence you give them could be used against you in a case, or even a case for getting full custody of your daughter.

you know if the society wants to get legal counsel involved, they'll give the local elders a game plan that could end up hurting your case.

i would be livid as well, but i'd be very careful right now and play it like a game of chess so you come out with full custody and maybe even a well publicized case against the society that will show your daughter that what they did was slimy as well as make others realize what goes on behind closed doors.

• monophonic
    monophonic

sorry, i misread, you're already going through a lawyer.

good luck, i really hope it works out in your favor.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

If you want to get sole custody, the best route is just to give the family judge a copy of the School brochure to let them know what a child of a JW has to go through.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Are you sure it was an Elder? Honestly,it goes against everything I'm aware of about the Dubz to send an Elder for a private one-on-one sit-down wth a single (or Married!) sister.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit