to hawkaw: re scan of Hoeffel's fax

by fodeja 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Kent
    Kent

JPG is a lossy image format, yes - but it's more than good enough. When I send my magazine to the printers, everything is in a PDF file, and every image, logo, what ever, is compressed as JPG.

The clue is, as I have repeatedly said on thos and other forums - to use high resolution!

If I get a 250 -300 dpi JPG file, there is no problem at all - as long as the compression is not maximum! In Photoshop a compression level of 9 is max of what should be used.

For tecnical reasons I can only use JPG images on the Watchtower Observer. If I use a GIF, and there is 8 scans on the page, the software doesn't really make a big thumbnail - it just shows a smaller version of the full image. This makes the page load extremely slow.

But, anyone can send me GIF images, since I can change the format myself.

Another thing - ALWAYS USE GRAYSCALE!

This because the document looks much better, and it's normally MUCH more easy to do an OCR scan of it.

The danger of anyone trying to say these documents are fake because of the low resolution isn't worth bothering about. Those morons would say that no matter what, and it's not more difficult to fake a high-res copy than a low-res one.

On the other hand, everyone should be aware of the fact that a Fax isn't that good as original - which is also a reason for the looks of this document.

Yakki Da

Kent

I need more BOE letters, KMs and other material. Those who can send it to me - please do! The new section will be interesting!!

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

Everyone here needs to take this into account.. this is only the first copy of this letter. It was made from a fax.

The real thing, the actual ORIGINAL letter from the U.N. will be in Hawkaw's hand in a few days, so he can scan it and make a nice copy in a better format.

I want to take this opportunity to tell Hawk that I appreciate all his hard work.

He is not a JW and never has been. The whole thing of his involvement with us Dubs (and former Dubs) was a matter of curiosity, and he was "sucked in" by the 'twist' of this phenomenon which has become our lives.

Hawkaw is just a guy who knows a few Dubs and somehow tagged on to us. He got interested and saw an opportunity to help some God forsaken folks who had their foot in a "bear trap".

Thanks Hawk and remember to do some work for your employer too. :)

• zev
    zev

quote:

He is not a JW and never has been. The whole thing of his involvement with us Dubs (and former Dubs) was a matter of curiosity, and he was "sucked in" by the 'twist' of this phenomenon which has become our lives.

Hawkaw is just a guy who knows a few Dubs and somehow tagged on to us. He got interested and saw an opportunity to help some God forsaken folks who had their foot in a "bear trap".

Thanks Hawk and remember to do some work for your employer too. :)

i didn't know that!

you did great work hawkaw!

whatever your reasons....i thank you for putting the time, effort and $$$ that went into your pursuing "TRUTH" !

MANY THANKS

-Zev
    -August 8th, 2001 - The day the lambs ROARED

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit