Why do people always blame others ?

by JH 22 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

My mom moved to a brand new building and I wanted to make doubles of her keys of her apartment, so I cross the street where they do that, and brought them 2 different keys to make doubles.

The first key went fine and could open that door, but the other key didn't open the door, so I went back and they tried again, so I went to moms apartment and it still didnt work, so I went back and they made an other one, and I went back to moms apartment and it still didnt work.....In all they tried 4 times and they weren't able, so i went to the cash to get my money back for the key that they werent able to make a double of....so the girl at the cash said, maybe you should get a new door lock, so I told her that it was a brand new building and a brand new door knob, so it was their fault not ours.

All that time I had a smile on my face when i want back and back and back, but when the girl at the cash said that I should try changing my door knob, then I realized how people just can't admit that they weren't able to do the job properly or they didn,t have the right key to start with to make a double. If the original key opens the door, then it's not the door knob its their key !!! DOH....

That's when I told her, that the building is new, the door knob is new and your employees weren't able to make a double because either they re incompetent, or they didn't have the right key to start off with.

• free2think
    free2think

Wow JH, how on earth did you manage to keep your cool?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Why do people always blame others ?

Don't look at me! It's someone else's fault!

• JH
    JH
    Wow JH, how on earth did you manage to keep your cool?

Well, I asked the 2nd guy who made the key, and I asked him how often does this happen that he misses a key and a client has to come back? So he told me very rarely, like once in a 100 times. Then I came back again and again, so now he missed 4 in a 104 times. Then the dumb dumb, made a double of the previous key that he missed..... Can you spell JACK ASS !!! I keep my cool because, murphy's law was written for me, and I'm used to it.

• JH
    JH
    Don't look at me! It's someone else's fault!

Where were you at 2:45 pm Eastern Time ?

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I have no trouble taking the blame when it is my fault. (patting self on back). I think it's pride and stupidity that makes it such a big deal to some(a lot) of people.

Last night I stopped at McD's for a burger and fries. When I finally got my order (with no acknowledgement of my long wait) Ilooked in the bag. NOT only was the bag of fries half full but they were cold as well.

" I waited 15 minutes and you gave me cold fries?"

"There are more in the fryer." as she walked away.

When she came back a few minutes later she handed me the bag without a word.

I wanted to say "You have a manager shirt on, you should be ashamed of yourself on several counts."

But I just drove off knowing it would have been a waste of time. Besides, my hamburger was already getting cold. I should have had pizza.

• JH
    JH

Then when it was time to get my refund for that key, that same girl at the cash asks me who served me at the counter, as if I knew his name.....

I said, he didn't tell me his name, and all 3 or 4 employees that tried and weren't able to make a perfect copy didn't tell me their names....

*Land of Confusion* lyrics comes to mind for some reason...

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Because Eve disobeyed Jehovah, and Adam listened to her. Since then, a sinful inclination to blame others has been passed on to each one of us.

• I Know what I like, and I like what I know
    I Know what I like, and I like what I know

My ex wife did that....when she couldn't swim it was because of the water......

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Everything is my fault so that clears that up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit