Since we're on the topics of the Assemblies...

by forsharry 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• forsharry
    forsharry

Question. I'm not sure if this has ever been brought up before (probably has) but something just occurred to me...Why were there always dubs guarding the donation boxes outside out of the conventions (in the hallways.)? I mean I KNOW the obvious reason behind it...very North Korea-esque if you ask me, but We were told over and over just how special and christian and different we were from the world...

I'm looking for your theories on this. The peanut. It's neither a pea nor a nut....discuss...

• ninja
    ninja

I always thought they were a bit presumptuous with the size of the donation boxes.....they were massive...all that cardboard for £2.45 and a bottle top donation...and as for peanuts don't talk to me about them...monkey nuts I call them....I used to love them...well at least until I got arrested at the zoo...a long story....it was an easy mistake to make ....and cheetah has never been the same since

• sir82
    sir82

Because you never can tell if some slimy worldling, or even worse, an apostate, might enter into the spiritual paradise!

And we all know (the Watchtower tells us so) that all non-JWs would sell their grandmother to a slave trader to score their next hit of meth, so the temptation of all that easy $$$ in the box is too great to leave it unguarded.

And given how effective semi-dozing blue-haired octagenarians (with one hand strategically placed on the box) are at deterring theft, well, you do the math.

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

Oh... I thought it was the strategic placement of the cute eligible pioneers... so the single highly paid dub brothers would donate for a chance to ask them out. At least, that is how it worked when I did it....

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Maybe it's to prevent people from putting slugs inside

• monophonic
    monophonic

i was a special attendant at an assembly, which was security. you wouldn't believe how much shit goes on at assemblies that are kept on the down-low. they have people with binoculars in dark rooms that you can't see surveying the whole crowd and attendants implanted throughout the stadiums. it's very well organized.

we had a guy get in a yelling fight with someone, ran to his car and grabbed something shinny out of his trunk...we were on the walkies calling out, 'he's carrying, the dude has a gun and is coming back', they did the brother surround thing they do and asked for his gun which turned out to be a can of mace.

and, 'apostates' would try to call us all back to headquarters and get on our frequencies. they were actually pretty lame b/c we had codes that were pretty easy to figure out, but they never did over the four days.

last assembly i went to, a bunch of people were reading the bible through loud speakers and screaming jws were wrong as we walked to our cars and brothers were around them and everyone pretended like they weren't there. i live in the city, so if someone is yelling or being obnoxious in my ear space i'll tell them to shut the fuck up. which i did, to my wife's horror. i don't care if i agree with them, but the whole protest thing is lame when it's irritating....there are smarter ways to help expose the jws. being antagonistic just gives them 'joy' for being persecuted.

anyway, heavy security at assemblies, very tied in together through walkie talkies, etc., nothing goes unnoticed.

• Marcel
    Marcel

i was security special attendant several times too and on my assembly everything seemed to be badly organized.

• eclipse
    eclipse
    they have people with binoculars in dark rooms that you can't see surveying the whole crowd and attendants implanted throughout the stadiums.

No way! Paranoid much? So they watched us clueless JW's passing notes back and forth, eating food/drinking during the session, talking, napping, reading novels, listening to music, making out behind their watchtower...

-eclipse (of the had no idea the brothers were so gestapo, but should of known they were, class)

• ariana
    ariana

i Think the main reason mite be that they safe guarded the boxes but has easy as it is for someone to fall away from the truth anyone can become very hateful.Just like most people they are protecting there funding from losing out on what its suppose to be used for

• ariana
    ariana

mono

Im not surprise to hear that being that anything can happen at any time no matter what religion we are in because we can fall short very easy. However,to me what is important is what was said and wriiten and there teachings no matter how man try to change it ,God wants us to know so even if we have to find out what were the real words that he said we will and can because he wants us to know

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit