for any of you that have read my threads(im a struggling one)

by MUNKAFATS 23 Replies latest jw friends

• MUNKAFATS
    MUNKAFATS

actually my friend was very easy to find via the net , she seems to have dissappeared altogether as i tried to find her once a jw had come into my life , im assuming that she went back to being "in the truth" , which is what i'd hoped for ? gosh i'd still like to find out either way really , thought she would be good to talk to , thanks for replies

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal
    Of course, there are many good-hearted people who are in the JWs, who DO care about the value of honesty and truth. The cognitive dissonance (or as Ray Franz put it as the title of his book, "Crisis of Conscience") eventually brings them to leave. Some of them post here now. Your friend may become such a person, too, you never know!

Thanks Bebu for saying that. As one who was raised in this belief, I saw many good-hearted people, as well as those who were hypocrites. I left (faded) for several reasons, one of which was the org's continual bashing of "Christendom" equating it with "renegade Jerusalem." while elevating itself--as if to say "we are sooo glad we aren't like them; we are much better that any religion on earth, blah, blah, blah." Plus (and it took me a while to see this) that the Borg puts itself between us and Jesus, who is the mediator for ALL.

Welcome Munk..hope you will get answers here. Were you thinking at one time of becoming a JW?

• poppers
    poppers

Why do you feel you have to believe in some set of doctrines that makes promises for the future? Is that where freedom and peace will be found, in the future? There is another alternative, albeit one that not many people investigate: find out what life actually is totally devoid of any belief about life, including beliefs about who you think you are. Everything you need for happiness, fulfillment, and peace is here right now and no belief will give that to you. Enslaving oneself to some idea in the hopes for some future promise is the biggest red herring that people fall for - it's a recipe for maintaining delusion.

• jgnat
    jgnat

It's like this. Not all blasphemers are OUTSIDE the society, and not all honest ones are INSIDE. The WTS promotes honesty and many other values in it's literature, but they don't always live up to their promise. They say they support families for example, but there are no materials or programs for the children, and spouses are encouraged to leave their partners and parents their children if they are deemed a "spiritual danger".

I can about guarantee your study leader has lied to you at least once about the beauties of being part of the organization. They are taught to put a VERY positive light on the society, even if there are problems.

I don't swear, hardly ever. I've probably done more in the past year than in my entire life. Like Crap and Darn. For one thing, my mom never swore either, and I do attend a bible believing church. Very little swearing in my life.

I can understand why some ex-JW's might cut loose a little when released from the bonds. Very much like the Russians did when released from totalitarian oppression.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit