for any of you that have read my threads(im a struggling one)

by MUNKAFATS 23 Replies latest jw friends

• MUNKAFATS
    MUNKAFATS

they way im seeing it is that jw seem to teach only honesty which i dont see as being a bad thing at all so why are some of you on here using **** this and **** that or im going to do some fornication now blah blah blah , i dont mean to be offensive at ALL but some of you say you are christian???? or is it that you have been repressed for to long ? help me as i feel stuck in the middle , dont know what to do

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Munkafats,

WELCOME to the forum!! There are many different types of people on this forum. Some were Jehovahs Witnesses, some still are, and some never were. Some are Christians, and some are not. This forum is not closed to any one type of individual. There may be topics that are personally offensive to you. What I recommend is that you do not read or involve yourself in those topics, that is what I do. However, there are ALOT of good, God fearing people on this forum, that you will glean alot of helpful information from. You have to remember, the organization has lied over and over, and continues to use deciption. So it is only natural for some to feel disenchanted. Many have lost their whole belief system. Some have, but then regained it because they finally realised that God rescued them out of that distructive cult, and now have confidence in him again. All have the freedom to be here, and we welcome everyone. So..again..WELCOME!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• bebu
    bebu

Hi Munkafats,

First off, welcome to the board! I hope the craziness hasn't scared you away.

This board has a variety of folks on it--some JW, some ex-JW, some never-been. I have never been a JW, but have a dear friend who is--and I had a lot of questions about why she would act so oddly. I came here to understand JWs from those who have been there. I've gotten quite an education.

Some of the people here are NOT Christian, but some are (me, for one). We are trying to discuss how we really see things, bring out our real questions, etc. That is the hope, anyway. It's a bit like an extended family, with all the thoughtful, interesting, fun, and odd-ball relatives all together.

I realize that some of the topics and posts may be pretty offensive to some folks (I personally ignore what I think is offensive). If people are using foul language to be offensive--then you should contact a moderator and let them know the post/poster. The moderator will edit the thread (and usually warn the poster to be more careful).

BTW, we have gotten a lot of newbies here recently, too, who may not be aware of the rules of the forum and they sometimes think "Woohoo, anything goes". --Which is actually NOT true!! When you post, you are agreeing to some rules which are right there.

It might really help a LOT if you did a little background reading first! I very highly recommend looking at the great intro thread especially for newbies, courtesy of the lovely jgnat:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/58215/1.ashx

cheers!

bebu

Edited to add: it seems several links are no longer active on that thread--ones that link to off JWD. Here are some important link you might find fascinating--or surprising...

http://www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/pdfs/watchtower.pdf

http://www.reexamine.org/quotes/

http://www.jwfiles.com/

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

Munk,

Vernon Williams, here:Greetings!

You are correct: there is as wide a range of "spiritual expression" on this board as one could hope to see. For those visiting this site, from the standpoint of an exiting or considering exiting viewpoint, this is a good thing. A great many people exiting the WT are, for the FIRST TIME in thier lives, using thier God given Free Wheel and, as a result, are "all over the place" in what to do with it.

Me, I am a Christian. True, a new Christian and I offer the thoughts of one in that dynamic. I will resist an exJW that is totally against the idea of God at all: however, I just state my case. In this way the "lurkers" can view two opions expressed with open honesty. This allows them the thought that they are free to explore differing viewpoints and opinions without lightning striking them.

Many people here have been horribly, terribly, well.....screwed over. They are angry and need to work it out, vent. That is great, too. They have fellows that understand, completely.

We, here, are all "in Journey." We are at different places in that road. God is patient. We need to be, also. With each other and self....the latter is the most difficult.

I would sugest you continue to post and read other's posts. I have the option, over the next week, to try and locate a "hot chick" and shag her and pay for it by stealing my nieghbor's chickens and selling them at the local farmer's market. It would, no doubt, be exciting. However, my plans are to stay faithful to my Dear Wife, be as good a daddy to our little five year old as I can, be a good neighbor....you know....all the "Christian stuff."

Some, here, WILL find a hot chick ( or guy, or both.....), shag them and, maybe, tell about it.

Am I going to condem them? No. For now, that is where they are and that is what they are doing TODAY. If I enter the Kingdom, I will see many of these people, THEN, enter far ahead of this old hillbilly.

It is Journey, Munk. Enjoy the views that pass your way. Enjoy the company. These are some real cool folks, here. Smile over the stories, if you are a Christian: keep them in your prayers: I do.

I thank the LIving God for all here.

That includes you.

Yours in this Journey,

V PS: this is a badly written post: Just got home from a long, long day: I wanted to post this incase I didn't wake up in the morning....I hope it made enough sense to be half way coherent.....

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

OH MY GAWD:

I said "Free Wheel" and that was a typo: but....know what?

IT FITS as so many ARE "Free Wheeling" for the first time!

Told you I was tired!

(you know I meant Free Will)

HA on me,

V

• MUNKAFATS
    MUNKAFATS

oh my vernon , i didnt say that i didnt have a sense of humor lol , loved what you had to say , but i feel SO SO stuck , im feeling like a jw would tell me youve all been posessed by the devil and i just dont know what to believe , thanks for reply

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

Munk,

Just gave our little guy a breathing treatment: asthma.....

I and you are both new to the board: could you exand on your idea that you are "stuck."

Just fill that out a bit if you would.

Up later than I should be,

V

• MUNKAFATS
    MUNKAFATS

vernon , what do you mean by breathing treatment , are jw against something there? when i say im stuck it means i just dont know what to believe , so much so that my ive asked my witness friend to ring me tomorrow (she said she would rather see me, i said no ) as one of you here gave me a link to a site where it has questions to ask a jw , im going to write down her answers , no doubt youll all get bombarsted with my new ?s tomorrow

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day MUNKA:

A sidepoint: could you do some paragraphing and grammar checking before sending a post? It'd make it a lot easier to follow.

Now come on, even in NZ they teach that, don't they!

Ta.

• MUNKAFATS
    MUNKAFATS

lol ozzie , un4tunatly lion red(lcohole) dusint quite giv me that opshin at moment, but ill try 2 b more sober tomorow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit