What Do You Think of Lying?

by Sarah Smiles 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

How many people trust elders?

Today an elder said,"Elders lie because Human imperfection!"

I said,"So your excuse is human imperfections for elders to lie, yet they disfellowship people on human imperfections all the time."

Anyhow, I know that Jehovahs Witnesses actually teach that it is okay to lie!

I never talk with another J.W. elder!

• fifi40
    fifi40

I dont like lying or liars...............maybe sometimes we have to keep our mouths shut to spare another persons feelings.............but dont lie if it is going to cause upset and harm in the long run

• fokyc
    fokyc

I am sure that elders are taught how to lie at elders schools etc. by the professional liars,

CO's, DO's and bros from bethel or the branch as they seem to call it these days.

How else could they ALL be such proficient liars.

This is from sad personal experiences over the last 55 years.

fokyc

• Gopher
    Gopher

On multiple occasions I've heard elders say one thing, and then deny saying it when in the presence of other elders, to save their reputation.

However, those same elders can use lying as a grounds for disfellowshipping if they don't have enough real evidence and don't happen to believe what you tell them when you meet with them. The charge of "lying" seems to be a way for judicial committees to skirt the two-witness rule when they feel it's necessary (or just want the individual OUT).

• Scully
    Scully

Lying is one thing that bothers me more than anything. I would much rather be able to trust a person on a personal or professional level - when someone starts lying to me, it's soooo over.

When I realized that the WTS lied about so many things to protect its own reputation, it was over.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Yet another example of dubs hyprocrisy, when elders lie they're human. If anybody else does.....

If the GB placed the same rules on themselves as they do to everyone else, they would have to disfellowship themselves...

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Hi Sarah I know what you mean:

How many people trust elders?

I said,"So your excuse is human imperfections for elders to lie, yet they disfellowship people on human imperfections all the time."

Anyhow, I know that Jehovahs Witnesses actually teach that it is okay to lie!

I never talk with another J.W. elder!

It was the end of the line for me and the JW's when an Elder told me "what you read in the Watchtower and what goes on behind closed doors in the Elders room is two different things, in other words what's good for the rank and file isn't necessary what the Elders do or follow."

Liars!

I'm only mad because it took me 4 decades to discover the duplicity of the B'org. Had I only been bad.....gotten more familiar with the Elder and committee meetings things may have progressed faster and I would have been out sooner!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

To me, there are two kinds of lies. There are innocent white lies, usually told to keep the peace (and they usually end up backfiring). Then there are malicious lies, where the person is trying to initiate or perpetuate a scam. That is the worst kind of lies.

The lies that the Tower are guilty of telling are those whoppers that are intended to keep alive a scam. First, they have shady roots in the first place. Then they lie to hide Booze Rutherford's drinking problem (seems a lot of "new light" happens when he is drunk). They lie about 1975. They lie about the pedophiles. They lie about the UN scandal. They lie that things are getting better when they are not. They lie that the world is getting worse, when it is still the same. They lie by tampering with the Bible itself to support their own doctrines, and then they lie again to tell me that the King James version had all those errors.

No, they are not lying to try to make anyone feel better (such lies, especially when it's by children, are forgivable since often they are lying so as to not hurt someone after they made a mistake). The Tower, however, is lying to keep a scam going. And they are super aggressive at shutting down web sites that expose dissonant viewpoints--what they want is to have no such material available, so they can perpetuate the illusion that they are perfect and that the world is evil. All they really want is total control of all information, and they will stop at nothing to get it. And, as such, the Watchtower Society's lies are no innocent white lies intended to protect one's feelings.

As for the honnders lying, that too is often done in an attempt to keep people in the scam. They lie to achieve whatever ends they have in mind--whether it is to keep a brother single and celibate, or to get ever more money and service time out of people (the deficits at the end of the assemblies are prime here), or to make the organization look clean when it's not. They will lie to prevent authorities with due warrants from accessing records that could get the whole organization some embarrassment. They will lie to tell you that things are all right, or that they are going to work out, when they know $&*^ing well that they are not. The few that only find themselves too thinly stretched and unable to fulfill commitments are far more forgivable than the ones that lie about the other above items (which are much more common).

• Honesty
    Honesty

They have a great teacher who is a master at lying.

Dear Jehovah's Witnesses:

Many doctrines have had to be revised and changed by the Watchtower Society in the last 50 years because the Governing Body received incorrect information from Jehovah that had to be passed on to Jehovah's Witnesses through the printed words of the Watchtower Society because it is Jehovah's provision...

June 15, 1957 Watchtower magazine

Page 370 paragraph 7

It is vital that we appreciate this fact and respond to the directions of the "slave" as we would to the voice of God, because it is His provision.

Isn't it about time that the Watchtower Society calls an ecumenical council from among the Governing Body, Branch Overseers, District Overseers and Circuit Overseers in order to determine whether Jehovah should be disfellowshipped from the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses for lying to them?

• Terry
    Terry

When you lie you steal reality from others. You offer the unreal in its place.

We all have a right to reality. It is difficult enough to find our way with a real map. But, a false map will get us so lost we'll never find our way back.

A lie is a false map.

A lie is the worst kind of theft.

One who lies has already lost their way and beckons others to follow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit